Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

2006 Manual 2 months 3 days ago #205881

Morning all, newbie here, I should if things go to plan be in possession of a 2006 TF fairly soon. I wondered where to get a copy of the workshop manual ?
I have a preference for paper versions, thanks.
Richard.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2006 Manual 2 months 3 days ago #205882

You could get a ring bound copy of e-bay a few years ago & I don’t remember them being expensive.
However as bedtime reading they are somewhat unwieldy & you won’t enjoy the problems experienced whilst sat up in bed turning the pages whilst drinking your coco. You are forever being referred to different parts of the tome to enlighten you as to the next step.
Buy one by all means, as I did, but use the downloadable manuals from the community section of our site. Study your project on screen, select the various stages from the pages, print the relevant sections, clipboard those you need & use those on the job.
When well thumbed & oil spattered you can pop them in your paper recycling.
Although there’s something manly in having a dishevelled & oily Haynes ( which is not available for our cars), to have a pristine manual offers it’s own satisfaction.
You probably already realise this but I’ll say it anyway: take pictures along the way as reference for rebuilding.
I forgot to photo one bit of a job I’m on with & it’ll take twice as long putting it all back without that reference.
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: judiths handyman

2006 Manual 2 months 3 days ago #205884

You can try Moss Europe
As well as all the usual suspects such as eBay, Amazon, and various MG part suppliers.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

2006 Manual 2 months 3 days ago #205885

Are you looking for something to keep with your owners handbook, service record wallet etc to complete the documentation you have on the car or are you looking for something that actually provides technical guidance for maintenance and fixes ?

For the latter I would recommend downloading the relevant RAVE disc images and the other technical information in the Community, Download section. You should also read through the How To Guides. Lots of information here and use of the forum's Search function will pretty much find you the answer to any technical question that has arisen. More knowledge here than you can shake a stick at.

So tell us about the 2006 TF you have spotted. What has drawn you to look at TFs and what is it about that specific one that has caught your eye etc ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

2006 Manual 2 months 3 days ago #205891

Just a workshop manual.
I must be out of touch with costs, they seem expensive, I will download pdf sheets as required and suggested earlier I think.
Thanks.

2006 Manual 2 months 2 days ago #205893

It could be worth investing in a PSCAN device to help with diagnostics depending on how far you delve. Several of us on here have them, Ive barely needed to touch the surface of what they can do but others have used them to diagnose complex faults, reprogramme various things on the cars.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

2006 Manual 1 month 4 weeks ago #205945

Thanks for the replys all.
I ordered one from the MG owners club.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT