• Page:

Topic

Larry Hinrichs funeral. 10 years 9 months ago #125063

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
It was Larry Hinrichs funeral yesterday.

A few of us attended to show our respect and support from The Border Patrol and from the wider MG community as a whole.

The day couldn’t have been better and I’m sure Larry would have loved it, even the weather held itself in check until after the burial.

First we travelled to a crematorium in Stevenage where everybody gathered to celebrate his life and remember Larry in the way we all knew him. It was a large congregation with many people having to stand. There was a lovely biography read out by the celebrant who also read his daughter Rebecca’s reading. Johann was brilliant and stood in front of the gathering to tell every one of his feelings for his father and how he would miss him. There weren’t many dry eyes. There was a mixed collection of music from The Sex Pistols through Jimi Hendrix to Monty Python which seemed to raise a giggle.

We then moved on to St Albans where Larry was committed to the ground in his final place of rest. Johann had organised flowers in the shape of things that had been a part of Larry’s life. There was a 9 ball, a Star Trek badge and a huge red and gold MG badge. A lot of the original group were there which overwhelmed the parking facilities a bit. Seven MGs didn’t help.

Then it was on to the pool rooms that meant so much to Larry, so we could all mingle and meet his family, Johann, Rebecca and his wife Adrienne. We couldn’t have been made more welcome.

Sadly, at around 1630 it was time for us to say goodbye to everyone and head off back home. David and Sheila headed south towards Brighton while the rest of us headed back home. We got home around 2130 after a long day, but it was a day I wouldn’t have missed.

Thank you to Larry’s family for inviting us and making us feel so welcome and part of the proceedings.

We were going to have some flowers delivered, but the family requested donations to Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospital Charity.

We have raised £150 amongst The Border Patrol Holiday group but before we send the money we thought we would throw it open to the wider MG community in case anybody else would like to donate. If you do then please let me know and I will PM you my PayPal details, or, you can donate on their website which is www.rbhcharity.org.

It is fair to say that Larry will be greatly missed by many people, but as he has attended every Border Patrol holiday, it will be sad knowing he will never be with us again in body, but he will always be there in our minds. Johann has said that he will be keeping his dad’s F and will hopefully be joining us next year on our holiday, wherever it may be.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mogatrons, birks, Leigh Ping, Whiz, the singing bush, cairnsys, DavesZed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Larry Hinrichs funeral. 10 years 9 months ago #125073

Larry will certainly be missed on the BP holidays, it'll not be the same without the daft cockney geezer. :hugs:
The following user(s) said Thank You: birks

Larry Hinrichs funeral. 10 years 9 months ago #125074

• birks
  • Loves going topless!!!
What a lovely account of the day Clive, thanks.
It was a difficult day at times, but as with most funerals, the tears were mingled with smiles and good memories and it was lovely that so many of us could be there to pay our respects.
Larry would have been so touched by the beautiful and heartfelt words that Becky and Johann had penned - I don't think I've ever heard such loving and honest tributes.
Larry had obviously had a huge and very positive influence on many people from all walks of life. He had also packed an enormous amount into his all too few years - a lesson to us all.
Rest in Peace Larry xxx

This girl doesn't mind getting her hands dirty !!! :lol:

Larry Hinrichs funeral. 10 years 9 months ago #125078

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Thanks Maggy.

It was a good day in the circumstances and my tribute to Larry is I'm going to stop putting things off. The amount of times I've said "maybe next year" to things like FRL and all the other main meets, well, no longer. If it is humanly possible I will be attending (still not camping though ;) )

Larry Hinrichs funeral. 10 years 9 months ago #125080

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Thanks for the donation Maggy & Phil. It will be added to the total. :broon:

Larry Hinrichs funeral. 10 years 8 months ago #125139

That tribute echoes our sentiments exactly Clive.

Here's the MG and Star Trek badge wreaths.

'Always look on the bright side of life!'

R.I.P. Larry
David
:shrug:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re:Re: Larry Hinrichs funeral. 10 years 8 months ago #125140

Clive, what a nice tribute - it paints a very unique picture of the kind of person Larry was. I didn't know Larry but you can tell he was a nice chap by all the things that have been written. I have made a donation via the website link in your post, you guys made me welcome on my first BP outing - I may have even met Larry there without realising!
Lots of respect to you Clive for this thread, God bless Larry and his family :)

Cheers!

Re:Re: Larry Hinrichs funeral. 10 years 8 months ago #125142

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Very kind of you mate.

Larry didn't come on many of the runs due to his location. He did come to all of the BP holidays though, Scotland, Italy and Wales.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the singing bush

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT