Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGF Wedgewood SE 11 years 2 months ago #109431

Welcome Dominic.

I too would buy name brand components head gasket components.

How can a complete HG kit only cost £39.50? From Rimmer and MGOC that kit is over £100.
Mark
95 MGF

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGF Wedgewood SE 11 years 1 month ago #109437

Will your mobile mechanic not be able to supply the parts? Russell and Jon do. :-?
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

MGF Wedgewood SE 11 years 1 month ago #109483

Did seem an amazingly cheap price, they have sold about 600 of them, so someone is using them. I am not sure if the mobile mechanic will get it or I Will.
The car is bought & paid for but it is getting picked up early next week to go and get fixed, then I will take a trip up and drive back (I hope)

MGF Wedgewood SE 11 years 1 month ago #109991

No idea, sorry. Jon Norris (Rough Luck Racing) had some problems with cheap ebay head gaskets coming apart at the seams. I would advise buying the genuine MG Rover parts from Brown & Gammons, Rimmers, MG Owners Club or Sussex classic Car Parts. Saint Russell will only fit MG Rover water pumps as the cheap ones are not worth fitting. Your MY 2000 car should have the wider cambelt and auto tensioner which does not normally need replacing. Gates cambelts are good.

Normal price for a head gasket set is around £55.00 and a set of stretch bolts is minimum of £33

Hope this helps

I only had problems with ebay ones that customers already had fitted to their cars, somewhere I did a photo shoot of the cheap imports against a good gasket

I think when Russel had a bad batch a few years back they where original MG Rover MLS gaskets so you can never really tell
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

MGF Wedgewood SE 11 years 1 month ago #109993

Check with your mechanic, I'm sure he'll want to supply and fit. then he knows the quality of the parts are good. He'll probably get them cheaper than you can. :broon:
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT