Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

LED DOOR PINS 11 years 3 months ago #102638

Does any one know how I can make a set of led door pins flash when the car is locked??? can i just tap into the LED thats in the car already has any one done this????????????????

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LED DOOR PINS 11 years 3 months ago #102639

You might be able to take a feed from the side repeaters, they're not too far away, pop the lights out of the wing and then run the wires into the door from behind the wing.

Would flash when open and double flash when you locked up.

Oh and when your hazards were on! ha!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sherwood0_8

LED DOOR PINS 11 years 3 months ago #102640

You might be able to take a feed from the side repeaters, they're not too far away, pop the lights out of the wing and then run the wires into the door from behind the wing.

Would flash when open and double flash when you locked up.

Oh and when your hazards were on! ha!

And indicating...

LED DOOR PINS 11 years 3 months ago #102641

Applications from this IP address are limited in the number of calls they can make.I just want them to blink when the alarm is turned on like the led on the dash only £1.99 on ebay come in blue or red a nice cheap mod if I can get them working

LED DOOR PINS 11 years 3 months ago #102648

It is possible to do, for each LED you would need to take a feed from the wiring for the LED in the center console. Connecting the wires and routing them through the doors so they don't snag or get caught in anything is the easy part, its the mounting of the LED's that will be hard, considering the stalks move and that movement quite sudden and comparatively "violent" when they move.

I'd recommend locktight hybrid glue, though this MUST be left for 24 hours before using in anger (kept my rear view mirror attached for the last 12 months so I highly recommend it), so the LED is less likely to fall out with continued use.

Or... Mount just ahead of the stalks through the door card, I've seen a few done like that as aftermarket mods and saves threading the wiring around the locking mechanism.

LED DOOR PINS 11 years 3 months ago #102649

I like the look of these going to order a blue set, Just remember to get the wires out of the way so window does not catch them and cause broken wires or even a short circuit

LED DOOR PINS 11 years 3 months ago #102650

has anyone had the clocks out how easy are the wires to get at to take a feed off???

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.903 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT