Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hi Recently joined and looking forward to some interesting MGF/TF stuff 1 year 9 months ago #199549

Talking of stuff, changed my tf water pump belt and tensioner. Timings were out, tried to adjust by removing belt and turning Cam Wheels by hand. Went to far and had to faff around to line up marks. Tried to start engine and crunch. Should I have turned the cam wheels by hand in both directions? What damage do you think I've caused.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hi Recently joined and looking forward to some interesting MGF/TF stuff 1 year 9 months ago #199560

Crunch doesn't sound good, bent valves is a likely outcome
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: ghc1956

Hi Recently joined and looking forward to some interesting MGF/TF stuff 1 year 9 months ago #199562

Thanks for getting back to me. Currently taking apart. Time will tell but sadly I think it will be as you suggest. Note to self "don't rush"

Hi Recently joined and looking forward to some interesting MGF/TF stuff 1 year 9 months ago #199563

:welcome2:

Oh dear!:oops:

I'm afraid it's a tragic love story of Mr Piston meets Miss valve and it ends in pain...
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Hi Recently joined and looking forward to some interesting MGF/TF stuff 1 year 9 months ago #199564

Thanks
Clearly not a good idea to turn the cam wheels independently of the crank then.
Oh well the strip down begins 🫢

Hi Recently joined and looking forward to some interesting MGF/TF stuff 1 year 9 months ago #199586

Hi and welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear of your crunch but a strip down sounds like a good idea, maybe you could sweeten it by flowing the head at the same time.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Hi Recently joined and looking forward to some interesting MGF/TF stuff 1 year 9 months ago #199587

Thanks, head off today only to find all the exhaust valves snapped 😲

Hi Recently joined and looking forward to some interesting MGF/TF stuff 1 year 9 months ago #199588

So it was a loud crunch then!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT