Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hi all 2 years 3 weeks ago #198883

I'm Richard, new to the forum. I live in the Netherlands and own a 2003 RHD nightfire red MG TF 135 with hardtop. Have it for some years now. Had all the usual problems: water pouring out via the head gasket, water pouring in through the air intake on the firewall. To name but a few. But I still love it. Have always driven British cars in fact – if you discount the stick of rock pink Suzuki Alto I drove for a few months. First car was a Mini 1275 GT, followed by a Vauxhall Viva, a Commer Paralanian, Humber Sceptre Mk III, a few Austin Maxi's, a few Rovers, a few Land Rovers and Jaguars. Still with me are a 1964 109" Land Rover Series 2a, a 1967 Jaguar 420 and the MG.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hi all 2 years 3 weeks ago #198889

• David Aiketgate
  • Away
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
:welcome2:
David
:shrug:

Hi all 2 years 3 weeks ago #198893

Hi and :welcome: to the forum from John in Yorkshire.

Hi all 2 years 1 week ago #198985

Hi Richard, Welcome to the forum from Theo, also Netherlands (Leiden). I have my TF135 2005 since 2016. My list of repairs: issues with water ingress in rain, alternator failure, 3x new head gasket, leaking transmission, Pektron ECU relays, engine head rebuild, modified head gasket, bolts and sump rail, new engine cilinder liners, new suspension arms, and the car has had a dinitrol anti rust treatment.
Next on the list is repair of the central locking system, solve some issues with my MG garage due to poorly performed repairs, these are urgent. After that repair of audio installation, new back window, installation of Optima battery, and I think on the long run it could use a set of new fuel injectors and throttle cable is sticky, and I would like to have the boot and bonnet electrically opened, in case the cables should break. The car is not as new but is good enough to drive on a nice sunny day.

Hi all 2 years 1 week ago #198986

:welcome:

Hi all 1 year 11 months ago #199136

Hi Richard Welcome, great choices of previous cars, I am a keen landcover fan as well as MG and anything BMC!

Hi all 1 year 11 months ago #199146

Hi and welcome to the forum

My Spanish wife had been living in Voorschoten for 5 years when I met her.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT