Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello from Cumbria 11 years 9 months ago #63416

I'm a relative newcomer to world of MG's. I bought my first MGF back in February of this year, a little 1998 dark blue MGF with signs of having had a bit of a rough life but definitely worthy of some t.l.c. Then in April, I noticed a Wedgewood blue 2000 MGF SE for sale which I'm afraid I just couldn't resist. The price was right, so hubby and I went for a trip up to Scotland to have a look. We bought the car and started on our journey home. We hadn't got 2 miles down the road and guess what.......the thermostat went thro the roof! Suspected head gasket failure.....despite being told by the guy who sold it that it had been done. Hubby was all for taking the car back but I'm afraid I was already smitten. We called the AA and very nice gentleman arrived with a big container of water and we set off again. A little bit further down the road the same thing happened again but this time I was not going to risk it again, so the AA brought us home. Well 4 months down the line....it's had the head skimmed, new head gasket fitted, re-sprayed and bought a hardtop which I've had sprayed in the same colour. I've also just bought some stainless steel roll hoops which I haven't got fitted yet.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some like minded MG enthusiasts and hope there's a few up here in Cumbria perhaps.

Wendy
"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hello from Cumbria 11 years 9 months ago #63418

• Visitor
  • Visitor
:welcome2:

Lovely to see you here, I think you might be in Border patrol country, but there again I am useless on navigation :slapme:

Re: Hello from Cumbria 11 years 9 months ago #63419

:welcome: to a great site.

We were on holiday in Burnley few weeks back and went across to the Lakes via Clitherow and the forest.

Passed a driveway with a Sunspot yellow MGF for sale, would have bought it apart from the fact we had just bought our 160tf.

Are great cars, sorry to hear of your probs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wendyej

Re: Hello from Cumbria 11 years 9 months ago #63422

Hi and welcome. :)

Yep there's quite a few up that way. We just did a run up there recently. Click here to view. :welcome:

The pics are from page 8 and onwards.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: Hello from Cumbria 11 years 9 months ago #63423

Welcome to the world of MG and welcome to the T bar!

There are a few of us in and around Cumbria and meets are quite regular, when they're not swanning off to Italy for 2 weeks, I wasn't jealous at all....

I'm in Carlisle and in the closing stages of putting the engine back together, again solving issues that have cropped up as a direct consequence of its hard life. Helps being an ex forces mechanic but then working on the TF is totally different to working on some soulless lump that needs to have its electrics calibrated everytime you open the bonnet!

Re: Hello from Cumbria 11 years 9 months ago #63427

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
:welcome: to the T-Bar Wendy.

Quite a few very active members in the Cumbria, Lancashire, Northumberland, Yorkshire areas.

As said plenty of runs for you to join in, should be another Lakes and Mountains run coming up in early September.

Looking forward to seeing you on a run soon

Paul

Re: Hello from Cumbria 11 years 9 months ago #63445

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Welcome along on the ups and downs of MG ownership.

If you are still smiling then you have passed the first test. ;)

We are often holding runs around Northumberland/Lakes/Italy etc so you are more than welcome to tag along with us. :drive:

One note of caution though..... Beware the one they call Aiketgate. Don't ask him about suspension. :nonod:

:welcome:

Re: Hello from Cumbria 11 years 8 months ago #63454

Oy! Clive, no!
:welcome2: from a fellow Cumbrian.
David
:shrug:

Re: Hello from Cumbria 11 years 8 months ago #63455

Hello wendy, I'm from carlisle and bought my tf in november last year.
I haven't been on any runs with the border patrol but i intend to meet the gang at a run sometime soon.
I don't post very often, but i like to have a look in every day to see whats fresh, and somebody is always around to help answer any question you might have.
It seems like the mg comunity is a very helpful one.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT