Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Well it's official... Sookie hates me... 14 years 3 months ago #9549

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Had the vet round yesterday and apparently poor Sookie has got conjunctivitis. :frown: So I've got these eye drops that I'm supposed to give her twice a day... gave her the first dose this morning and she's been hiding in the wardrobe all day and now whenever she looks at me it's like I've chopped her tail off or something really cruel. I feel so terrible! Talk about undoing all the hard work I've done to make her less nervous. :frown:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Well it's official... Sookie hates me... 14 years 3 months ago #9551

Typical cat:lol: they always give you that look!

We have to wrap Teddy in a towel to give him a worming tablet - I always do the towel bit and he hates me afterwards - usually keeps his distance for a couple of days!
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Well it's official... Sookie hates me... 14 years 3 months ago #9552

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

We have to wrap Teddy in a towel to give him a worming tablet - I always do the towel bit and he hates me afterwards - usually keeps his distance for a couple of days!

It's horrible isn't it? They just make you feel like your torturing them!

The thing that annoys me is that she's just come out from her hiding spot and I've got to give her the bloody drops again now before bed! :banghead:

Well it's official... Sookie hates me... 14 years 3 months ago #9559

You cannot win with cats! She'll be fine as they tend to sulk when not getting their own way.

I'm the one that has to give the treatment in our house, we have 3 cats btw, so I'm the one that gets shunned whilst everyone else in the house is their new best friend! However the ickle one we have always comes to me, she trusts me whatever.

The Dalmatians are a different story, they love me even when I am mean to them and need to tell them off! They know who to be nice to for treats and walkies!
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

Well it's official... Sookie hates me... 14 years 3 months ago #9560

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

That's what they have tranq guns for. :yesnod:

Well it's official... Sookie hates me... 14 years 3 months ago #9562

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

You cannot win with cats! She'll be fine as they tend to sulk when not getting their own way.

I'm the one that has to give the treatment in our house, we have 3 cats btw, so I'm the one that gets shunned whilst everyone else in the house is their new best friend! However the ickle one we have always comes to me, she trusts me whatever.

The Dalmatians are a different story, they love me even when I am mean to them and need to tell them off! They know who to be nice to for treats and walkies!

Lol seems like dogs are definitely more like men then whereas cats like to hold a grudge like us women! :lol:

Well Sookie is much better this morning... she's out and about grooming etc. which is brilliant news now that I've got to give her her morning dose of drops! :thumbsup: :shake:

That's what they have tranq guns for. :yesnod:

hmmm... it's excessive but I'd definitely consider it. Although it failed miserably in jurassic park. :CJJ:

Well it's official... Sookie hates me... 14 years 3 months ago #9568

Come on she wouldn't be holding a grudge if it wasn't for the fact you nailed her to the floor to get the first drops in...lol :-)
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Well it's official... Sookie hates me... 14 years 3 months ago #9598

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
The next chapter ~ Sookie's Revenge

Well I woke up at 5am this morning and went into the living room to have a cuppa tea as I couldn't sleep properly. Then Frank came in and we had an argument about something ridiculous like where we should position the lizards' vivariums in the new flat (I love moving house! :rolleyes2: ) anyway after laughing it off we went back to bed only to find that Sookie had exacted her revenge for the eye drops! ...On my side of the bed was a gigantic poo and on Frank's side of the bed was a huge puddle of pee! :cus: :censored:

I cannot believe she's done this... she has always used her litter tray since we've had her! I just don't understand as before I woke up she was sitting happily purring on me... hmm... unless she was luring me into a false sense of security. :skeptical:

Anyway I had to discipline her which I've never had to do to an animal before so I just shouted at her a teeny bit (which felt awful) and she's been hiding in the wardrobe ever since.

I really am at a loss as to what to do at this point. I've tried showing her everything's ok now but she's not having any of it. I really do hate these ****ing eye drops... talk about the cause of so much crap! :frown:

Well it's official... Sookie hates me... 14 years 3 months ago #9602

Cats,ehh!:rolleyes2:

What can you do with them?..............that's legal!:hehe:
David
:shrug:

Well it's official... Sookie hates me... 14 years 3 months ago #9603

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Cats,ehh!:rolleyes2:

What can you do with them?..............that's legal!:hehe:

Aww I'm actually really upset mate. Me & Sookie were getting along so well and I think she was really happy and now she just flinches when I try & stroke her. :cry:

Well it's official... Sookie hates me... 14 years 3 months ago #9608

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars

Aww I'm actually really upset mate. Me & Sookie were getting along so well and I think she was really happy and now she just flinches when I try & stroke her. :cry:

Hey Kara once the course of drops are over Sookie will get over it, at the moment she doesn't get it, after all she is a cat. But by giving her the drops you are possibly saving her eyesight or her life!! After all cats get meningitis too. Give her time, let her come to you (treats are always good. even I come for treats) and get you brother over to do the drops, after all you got rid of Slave 1 for him so he owes you a bit of a favour ;)

Craig
(who loves cats but couldn't eat a whole one)

Well it's official... Sookie hates me... 14 years 3 months ago #9611

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Hey Kara once the course of drops are over Sookie will get over it, at the moment she doesn't get it, after all she is a cat. But by giving her the drops you are possibly saving her eyesight or her life!! After all cats get meningitis too. Give her time, let her come to you (treats are always good. even I come for treats) and get you brother over to do the drops, after all you got rid of Slave 1 for him so he owes you a bit of a favour ;)

Craig
(who loves cats but couldn't eat a whole one)

You honestly think she'll get over it? She won't hate me forever? :frown:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT