Sign In   Register

Topic

GSD Pup. 9 years 5 months ago #153214

I also use fluorescent jackets on the dogs so that any car lights pick up the reflective patches too.

David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

GSD Pup. 9 years 4 months ago #154125

One year old today. :beer: He's grown a bit from the pic at 4 months below. 40 kilos last week when I put my back out weighing the fat bathsud! :lol:

He likes to bully my neighbours 2 bull mastiffs. They're tough enough, but they can't go more than 3 rounds before their gas tanks empty. :lol:

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

GSD Pup. 9 years 2 months ago #156174

A swan attacked my dog as he swam in the lake today.

GSD Pup. 9 years 2 months ago #156179

Breeding season, mate. :woo2:
David

GSD Pup. 9 years 2 months ago #156194

We have been taking Billy to training on a Sunday morning last Sunday was our 4th Visit.
It is a work in progress but already we have seen significant improvements.My wife as been doing the obedience training with him and apart from a couple of frosty nights as walked him every night.
He has stopped pulling her and his discipline in the house as vastly improved.
We had a telling off from the trainer which as my respect,he his very strict,however i dont want him to be our friend i wanted help with Billys pulling and he has.
The trainer advised we was spoiling him and doing no favours to ourselves we was advised he could not handle being the pack leader and needed knocking back a peg or two.
We have removed all his toys from his back yard and only allow him one toy as a reward for doing something we ask,banned him from the settee although he his allowed on one in the conservatory dont allow him through the any doors before us,it felt a bit cruel at first,however as the trainer said a 40 kilo dog needs to know who the boss is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

GSD Pup. 9 years 2 months ago #156198

Good stuff, glad to hear it's all coming together with Billy. :)

Same as doors, don't let him on the stairs until you've used them either. Make him sit and wait, top or bottom as required. They usually pick that trick up pretty quickly and it helps with the 'stay' command. :yesnod:

Jet's 38kg, but he's a Czech type shepherd. The old DDR patrol dogs. After 50 years of selective breeding they ended up mostly black and sable and very high energy. They're slightly longer and shorter than a regular GSD to look at and they mature more slowly. Swimming helps me to wear him out, for a few hours. I'm feeling fitter now he's 14 months old and, if I still worked dogs, he'd make the grade quite easily.

He does have some vices though.. He spins like a whirling dervish when my grandson comes around (although not when I'm at home). My wife had to video him doing it as I said she was making it up. It's a wonder he doesn't puke. Just as well that I bought a cage for such occasions really. :)

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: TiredzZzz :)

GSD Pup. 9 years 2 months ago #156298

My dog has wolf blood within him.

GSD Pup. 9 years 2 months ago #156307

You sir, are a loony! ...and that's just what the dog's thinking! ;)
David

GSD Pup. 9 years 2 months ago #156315

You sir, are a loony! ...and that's just what the dog's thinking! ;)

Ha! We were doing eastern european accents, based on a guy we know that builds watercooled PCs. It seemed like a good idea at the time. But you're probably right. :yesnod:

GSD Pup. 9 years 1 month ago #156574

More mad vids. :)

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

GSD Pup. 9 years 1 month ago #156691

Ecollar bleeping dog recall.

GSD Pup. 9 years 1 week ago #157967

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT