Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

My My My Delilah 14 years 2 months ago #11509

• birks's Avatar Topic Author
  • birks
  • Loves going topless!!!
I posted some pics a while ago (in my album if you didn't see) of my little Delilah- a tiny cat with a HUGE personality. She's currently very poorly and definitely on her 9th life. At the grand age of almost 18 (next month) it's time to prepare to say goodbye and hope that she drifts in her sleep and wakes up sleeping with her (and my) darling Brian.
Having had her at the vets, we know there's no hope, but she is still purring and doesn't seem to be in any pain...I just hope that she curls up and sleeps it all away.

This girl doesn't mind getting her hands dirty !!! :lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My My My Delilah 14 years 2 months ago #11513

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I can see a lot of spoiling coming Delilahs way. :yesnod:

My My My Delilah 14 years 2 months ago #11514

:grouphug::cry::sad2::grouphug:
David
:shrug:

My My My Delilah 14 years 2 months ago #11515

• birks
  • Loves going topless!!!
Definitely getting spoilt...at least as much as she will allow...but she always did dictate when she wants to be fussed over - I think she knows that cats have revered as Gods in certain civilisations...and is holding out for her chance!!
She has sat by the keyboard as I type all night....ahhhh!!

My My My Delilah 14 years 2 months ago #11517

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X
having been thru this 4 times in the last 18 months I really feel for you :grouphug:

enjoy what time you have left with Delilah, 18 years is a long life for a cat and my last two lasted this long, it makes it very hard to see them go but be proud they had a very very long and happy life with someone who cared for them.

give her a little hug from me xx

My My My Delilah 14 years 2 months ago #11746

• birks
  • Loves going topless!!!
Just to update you all, Delilah lost her last life today...snuggled up with me, warm and loved - she was a great little cat and we'll all miss her :cry:

I Feel For You! 14 years 2 months ago #11747

Dear Birks,

I was very sad to hear of Delilah's passing away, after having spent 18 years in your company. I was most touched to hear that she passed away in your arms.

We have always had cats and dogs around us, and both of our dogs departed at 4 months interval, a couple of years ago. Max was 14 (a German-Shepard, and Chipie was 17).
We have a "special" place for them in the garden, and visit them almost daily.

I understand and feel your suffering, and realize that the days and months ahead will be very difficult. Cherish, and hold on to those memories and moments of pure joy, that Delilah gave you, and time will help you come to terms with the loss.

Best Regards, and be strong.

Marc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My My My Delilah 14 years 2 months ago #11749

Just to update you all, Delilah lost her last life today...snuggled up with me, warm and loved - she was a great little cat and we'll all miss her :cry:

Aww mate I'm so sorry to hear this news. You must be heartbroken. :frown: I don't know if it's any comfort but the very least we can hope for with our beloved furry friends is that they have a happy life and Delilah was very lucky to have many years of happiness with you. So have a good cry, in fact have several good cries! Let it all out & then remember all the great times you had with her and how happy you made her. :grouphug:

My My My Delilah 14 years 2 months ago #11752

Aww Maggie,
So sad to hear of your loss.:wavecry:

:grouphug:

We also have a special place in our garden where all of our pets have their final resting place. We only have special plants growing there.

The loss of any loved pet is so sad, but you have to balance that with the joy they have given you over their lives.

Thinking of you.
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT