Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Air Filter Thoughts 10 years 2 months ago #139351

After changing the very dirty air filter for a new paper element filter in my F 1.8 MPi, i was thinkg :omg:
should i stick to paper element filters or change it for a panel K&N or Pipercross

Now, i have a induction kit with carbon box and a cold air feed to the filter in my e36 coupe {soon to be sold}
and i find it just to be needless noise with no extra benefits,
Whats your thoughts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Air Filter Thoughts 10 years 2 months ago #139352

Depends.
Is it a mk1 or mk2 F? What year s it?
Prior to 2000 the air filter box was very restrictive and was changed for a much better set up in the mk2. This was carried through to the TF.

The earlier F will definitely benefit from an enclosed cone filter with cold air feed.

The MK2F and newer it is enough to fit a quality panel filter. Unless you want induction noise, then fit the enclosed cone set up.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonniey

Air Filter Thoughts 10 years 2 months ago #139354

Thanks David, it's an X reg late 2000, so i'm guessing its a Mk2,
When changing the spark plugs i noticed it had 2 coils Not a dizzy, if that helps

Air Filter Thoughts 10 years 2 months ago #139358

Yes it's a mk2 so will have the improved airfilter box. Cheapest bang for your buck would be a quality filter and redirect the inlet pipe(s) to the n/s air intake to pull cooler air in. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonniey

Air Filter Thoughts 10 years 2 months ago #139360

What I liked most about mine, after fitting a Daytona exhaust, was that it was really quiet until you booted it.. and all I'd done was fit a drop in pipercross panel filter (inexpensive with a lifetime guarantee and all that). Pretty much the same thing as fitting a full induction kit. Which, I must admit scared me.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 240karl

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT