Sign In   Register

Topic

Mods so far: 10 years 5 months ago #135695

Almost 1 year now since I got my TF, money is tight and progress has been really slow, but wanted to share with you all what mods/changes I have managed to make so far and what is still to come.

Attachment 001.JPG not found

Attachment 002.JPG not found

The first mod I made was to the boot lid, most of you will have seen this before. I really liked the cleaner look with the high level brake light and the key hole removed. I bought a 2nd hand boot lid from mgtfbitz in glossop for £25 and took it down to my local bodyshop (who have been immense) and they did all the filling and respraying. This set me back £200.00 but for the difference in look, I think its worth it. I bought an electronic boot lid release kit from ebay (£25) just incase your wondering how I'll open it :P

Next was some bodykit, I managed to get hold of a 2nd hand jdm kit (skirts and rear bumper lower spoiler) from a breaker on ebay.

Attachment 004.JPG not found

Attachment 005.JPG not found

My 3rd mod I am really happy with, I decided to get the rear side vents carbon dipped. Again thanks to ebay I managed to get a pair of vents for £10.00 I thought about trying to dip them myself but didn't want to mess it up so sent them off to: they charged me £75 for the pair and this included next day delivery by courier.

In my last post I was thinking of a complete respray, and after spending ages looking at way to many websites, I finally decided on gloss black base with a black halo Holographic flake. I accept that this may be a bit to bling for most people. However I am using it very sparingly and I really love the rainbow effect when the light hits it. I bought 2 packets of the flake and this is enough to do the whole car.

paint:
Black Halo Holographic Flake House of Kolors HVLP air gun air brush HOK Paint
Completed

To get everything fitted and for the complete respray it's going to cost £1200.00, i'm saving hard at the moment and all being well it should all be done by february. Still lots of things to do after that but one thing at a time :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: psymon, David Aiketgate, Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Denial.

Mods so far: 10 years 5 months ago #135697

Hi Den, try again with the pic's

Mods so far: 10 years 5 months ago #135698

already done :)

Mods so far: 10 years 5 months ago #135823

looks good :)
If you have the car done by Feb, have you considered joining the Friends Round London run on the 15th to show off your handiwork (read 'savings')? :)

Mods so far: 10 years 5 months ago #135834

would be nice but can't make any commitments until all the work has been done. The bodyshop thats doing all the work are dry storing my mg for me free of charge down at there workshop. As soon as i have the money they'll start the work. Shouldn't take me to long hopefully
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Mods so far: 10 years 5 months ago #135865

Good work on your mods, I look forward to seeing how this develops :pop:

Mods so far: 10 years 5 months ago #136029

:clap: liking the vents!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denial

Mods so far: 10 years 3 months ago #138011

Some time has passed since my last post, so here's the latest update. I now have the money for the respray and for everything to be fitted, so will be paying that tomorrow. The latest not very exciting mod you can see is the carbon dipped binacle surround (apologies for the quality of the pics) which i picked up off fleabay for £26. Seeing all the posts recently on subframes have been giving me some sleepless nights, looking forward to getting everything done and getting my car back sometime soon.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Denial.

Mods so far: 10 years 3 months ago #138061

Looking good. Some very goods mods done so far. Look forward to seeing more updates. Here's hoping you get your car on the road soon

Tina ;)

Re:Mods so far: 10 years 3 months ago #138064

Denial, thats great re the carbon dipping. Is that "skinning" where they cover your items in Real CF sheet?
If so, Im amazed you get it back so fast.
As im looking at doing some items myself, have you a web site or email address for this company?
It may save me some mucking around.
Best wishes mate.
Ken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edit: Post by Baytown.

Re:Mods so far: 10 years 3 months ago #138070

Hi all, thought i already linked the web address but here it is again: http://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/ I was at the bodyshop yesterday and everything is getting fitted/painted at the moment. Next for the interior is the speaker bar, center console and door cards. I still have lots of ideas and plans and hope to be making a big announcement soon (well it will be big for me anyway lol)

Re:Mods so far: 10 years 3 months ago #138081

Good on you.
Thanks for that.
Ken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Time to create page: 1.578 seconds