Sign In   Register

Topic

Project Riveria 10 years 8 months ago #125882

So it been has been over 2 months and no work on the MGF - shame on me :nonod: , too many other jobs on tye to do list... so shes had to take a back seat, but this weekend she got some desperately needed attention... Front bumper was rubbed down and prepared with plastic seal before the undercoats goes on,

While that was drying, I took an electric drill and flapper wheel to the rustings front brake calipers (as can been since in prevoius pics they looked a bit shabby).... an hour on each side and a nice coat of smooth hammerite gold makes them look far better.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Project Riveria 10 years 8 months ago #126593

After looking at the front discs and seeing how poor they actually where I got a pair of used ones off ebay for £16 plus postage , only light surface rusting, so spent some time preparing those, since I had the gold paint thought I would touch up to match the calipers.
So to change them it meant geting the calipers off......easy job I thought., only 2 bolts each side ... never anything easy on this MGF, again stuck solid. only managed to get one bolt off, rounded off 2 others and left the other one, as really was not getting anywhere fast. :bang:
Got a mate's impact hammer and socket set, had another go and still would not budge, made a nasty mess of two bolt heads though ... hours later gave up and went and got a rounded bolt remover set .... another lesson learnt... as with that it was 15 mins and one caliper was off, nipped round to the other side and bingo.... so easy when you have the right tools. removed pads they where shot, so new ones ordered
Cleaned up one side of calipers and wired back the other part to get at the discs. Same story here... locking screws easily came out ... but discs was solid...tried the how to tip with the bolt/nut push off combination and bent the bolts .. that said didn't have the right size blots... so set too with lump hammer and tapping (well bashing) alway around eventually broke them free. Cleaned up hub and put refurb discs on ... another job done. :broon:

And bumper undercoated as well...

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Baird

Project Riveria 10 years 3 months ago #138262

Ok , so I have come out of hibernation.at last... :bust: I really need to get back on to this project again to have any chance of getting her up and running for Spring - there has been far too many other life issues and distractions going on. It does not help with the lack of a garage space to undertake work out of the foul weather Note to self - priority is to get that garage sorted ASAP !!

Anyway, project re-planing done and it will be on wards and upwards -

To do list -

1) Get front bumper back on - yes its been resprayed blue, but just sat in the shed !!
2) Fix rear break discs & pads and general tidy up at rear end - may need to steam clean engine bay
3) Fit low coolant alarm
4) Sort the damaged door panel
4) Do a paint job (silver) on center console and the air vents to lift interior
5) Clean back up leather seats - and fit matching cream door cards
6) Fingers crossed for MOT and TAX - back on the road :woohoo:

Then

7) Vi[per strips, and race car numbers, plus a bit of extra race decals
8) Fit stainless steel coolant pipes

Enjoy the summer !!!

8) Source a hardtop at some point for next winter !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Project Riveria 10 years 2 months ago #139012

OK some work done at last ... :P bumper back on , set of replacement 5 spoke alloys fitted and interior air vents taken out rubbed down and sprayed - some pics , console is in Tahiti blue to match car, but that is only 1st coat the other bits are ready to go back in ... tomorrow

Also gong to fit a set of reverse sensors and a rear view camera... bits arrived and waiting....

sorry for poor quality photo of car - a late finish... note bat is on trickle charge .... as just been sat waiting for me to get back on track..

Attachments:

Project Riveria 10 years 2 months ago #139206

So the center console was finished and fitted - swapped back black seats as looks better with the silver trim

Also added a couple of blue pedals as origianls were getting worn

Attachments:

Project Riveria 10 years 1 month ago #140634

Need to crack on and get this finsihed now as new toy arrived a 05 MGTF Spark 115 in very good nick only 21K .. so I really need the space on the drive.
So on starting the MGF up after 2 months idle - battery needed a charge up, .. there was a long screech a bit of smoke :dry: ... and then calm, enginee running fine, but I stopped and had a look and yes the alternator belt was toast.. :(

Jacked up and back wheel off and reached in to try and turn pulley wheel - stuck solid. So have got the alternator out and gave it a good spray of Shock and Unlock and WD40 all round . Cleaned up and got the breaker bar out and broke it free. Bit more spray and clean up and working the alternator and it was spining freely and no noise. Will leave it out for a day or so just to make sure and then put back on and test, but did check the back brakes and discs as wheel was off looked OK, just a wire brush off and general clean up there, same on the other side. So I will fit the low coolant alarm and give it a service, new oil, oil filter, air filter, plugs, and do a coolant flush and top up with new.
Then a good clean and polish up - do the decal work I had planned for ages - white Viper stripes and some other bits to make it motorsports looking to get somne final pics and get her off down to MOT centre - hopefully all good ....fingers crossed.. so then up for sale on ebay - Job done - and on to the TF Spark .... :broon:

Last edit: Post by MrOrange. Reason: Typos

Project Riveria 10 years 1 month ago #141167

Managed to get to work on the F over the weekend, the alternator was still spinning free with no noises, so that went back in with a new belt, tested the voltage and every thing is sweet. :broon:
Also picked up a set of Lexus rear lights and fitted them, bit pricy but hopefully when it goes up for sale it gives it a bit of an edge on others. Also think they look cool.
Changed the air filter, flushed and drained the system and topped up with new OAT coolant, pumped up tyres, put it all back togther and then gave it a good wash and wax polish. Decided against the Viper stripes and race number decals as that may not appeal to everyones taste. :nonod:

Also had another go at the interior well lights, door cards off (yet again) and checked wiring runs and disconnected and sprayed each connection and forced contact spray into the locks, as suspected I think it was the micro switches in the passenger door lock, its still a bit tempremental but at least they do come on and dim out when both doors shut , and so it was not a broken wire some where in the loom.

Tasks left is to change plugs, oil and oil filter and she will be off down for an MOT.

Ran out of daylight for pics but will post up shortly.

Have got a rear speaker unit, two replacement speakers, as one looks a bit ropey and the interior alarm sensor to fit in to the TF as its only a 115 - so hopefully that will sound better but that's got to wait for the F to be finished

Project Riveria 10 years 1 month ago #141211

So here are the pics..

Also fitted the rear speakers and alarm sensor to the TF a it stopped raining - it was a straight swap with empy t-bar and plugged straight into existing wires ... sounds much better with fours speakers and can play with the fadar control now :lol: So sat in the car and armed the alarm to test it.....not sure how sensitive it would be ..I turned my head and no alarm, so went to turn around to have a look .. bingo ..still made me jump ..but it works :woohoo:

Here is the new toy...

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by MrOrange. Reason: Wrong phpto

Re:Project Riveria 10 years 1 month ago #141628

So what happened to the F after all that work?

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Re:Project Riveria 9 years 9 months ago #147062

Hi The F is sat on the drive, been too busy with work, family and driving the TF

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT