Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Kia Ceed ? 6 years 2 months ago #183887

• jelly's Avatar Topic Author
  • jelly
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Hi I am looking to change my Citroen c5 2.0 HDI soon and somebody suggested a Kia Ceed but the more I look into it the better idea it seems ,can get a newer car still under warranty with all the extra.s I want cheap tax economical, Doesn't have to be the best driver car just a tool. Anybody got one ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Kia Ceed ? 6 years 2 months ago #183890

yes

loads of people have one.

seen loads driving on the road :lol:

Kia Ceed ? 6 years 2 months ago #183893

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Drove a close relative Kia as a loan car: Sportage? Not memorable, when mine hurndy wurndy Volvurr was in for service.

Not toooo bad, very cheap feel plastic-wise, to the point of flesh wounding on sharp edges, reasonable not brilliant performance. Various mysterious hidden bits rattled like a $hithouse door in the wind at 70. Not really a fan of Pacific-rim motors to be honest. The long warranty is an attraction, so long as one can claim I guess.

Me, for an everyday runabout snotter, would go for a slightly older Eurobox. Ford, Vauxhall, VW, Poogeuot.

My opinion of course. Others may disagree.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Kia Ceed ? 6 years 2 months ago #183897

Back in 2007 we bought a kia cerato 1600 crdi....pre regesterd with 13 miles on the clock..it has the same engine has the ceed..you could say the cerato is a ceed mk1
...the more we looked at the car the more it made sense...we still have it to this day...it has now done 115,000 miles..original exhaust and all that...in the miles it's done we replaced clutch,discs pads and suspension struts ...I wish the mg was built has well..the kia will stay with me untill it given up....it has gone down in my history book has the most reliable car I've had..the 1600 crdi is about 126bhp..excellent on fuel and is quick off the mark..without looking at the hand book..think it has 8 or more airbags.including the air curtains..makes me laugh when some worry about not having a passenger airbag..the kia has them coming out of every nook and cranny..dash,door pillars,seats,roof..sounds solid and general look at build very strong.It's fine for just me and the Mrs. .and towing my small trailer but I will say if your towing go for the 2 litre..we would have had another kia...actually a ceed...but now kia are more established in the market the prices have risen aswell so this time we just went for a cheap dacia with zero tax and a warranty...but that doesn't do much because she prefers the kia hands down.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Kia Ceed ? 6 years 2 months ago #183940

• jelly
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Leaning towards a Honda accord I think ? lol

Kia Ceed ? 6 years 2 months ago #183945

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
We drive a Kia Magentis since some time, bought with 30k mls, now 100k on the clock.

The most reliable car we ever had, not a single issue. Invested only in service parts, nothing else.
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Kia Ceed ? 6 years 2 months ago #183948

I have a kia ceed 2008 sw - the estate version. Well equipped cars but this one 2.0 litre diesel isnt very economical. Evencon a journey across country only get about 45mpg. Apart from some random electrical problem that stopped it from starting I havent had to do anything to it in newrly three years.

Kia Ceed ? 6 years 1 month ago #184040

The Cee'd was a true breakthrough car for Kia. I used to have a Pro Cee'd (the three door version) and it was a great car. Looked good, well made, very economical (it was also a 1.6 CRDi). Many mk1 Cee'ds will have had a hard life and be tired now but I'd still recommend one.

Kia Ceed ? 6 years 1 month ago #184041

• jelly
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Thanks guys, but since I started this thread I have been looking a lot and I think the ceed might be a bit small and looking at the Optima 1.7 diesel Luxe but all seem miles away.

Kia Ceed ? 6 years 1 month ago #184042

If you're looking at the Optima then try its sister car the Hyundai i40. They come in saloon and estate flavours, most commonly with the 1.7 CRDi engine.

Kia Ceed ? 6 years 1 month ago #184098

• jelly
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Hi woke up yesterday in a different mind set and subject to the t and c's bought a optima 3 with everything I want on it. but really need to trade a 2004 C5 exclusive on it. So i can drive up do deal and drive back. dealer won't be drawn on px value so put it in webuyanycar £50 just mot'd it with new front pads cost more than 50. This is an older car I know but heated front seats leather seats sunroof sports suspension leds in door handles down lights in roof only one key but shuts sunroof/windows etc is it me ?

Kia Ceed ? 6 years 1 month ago #184100

Webuy....are only useful if you need to shift a car quickly.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT