Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGF broken front indicator clip 11 years 11 months ago #49935

Now this is a complete bodge, and im ashamed, and would never do this on my merc..... :whistle: :whistle:

so here goes, and sorry about the photos as the camera on my iphone is as crap as that stupid plastic clip..... :oops:

so the clip broke off yeah...? (see what i mean about the camera...!!!)

hands up if you thought of super glue, but knew anyway it wouldn't work....(that will be me then) so what else have we got lying around the garage that might do....?

Now with a self tapper ready, just chop the bottom of that little picture hook so you can get the screw through the hole already in it, and postition accordingly, I just started a small pilot hole in the indicator plastic with a drill first.

Bend to the appropriate position (now now boys) and TA DAH....!!!!! , mind i haven't tried to get it out yet...!!!! but it works a treat, good as new, and indicator happy as sand boy....... :woohoo: :woohoo:

is this what the rest of my life is going to be spent doing.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :omg:

Those Z3's look nice, and they are GERMAN....... :yesnod: :yesnod:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Blow-in, TruckerClarky

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by nellee.

Re: MGF broken front indicator clip 11 years 11 months ago #49936

Nice how to :broon:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nellee

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: fixed your thumb :)

Re: MGF broken front indicator clip 11 years 11 months ago #50133

Ingenious modding. :)

Re: MGF broken front indicator clip 11 years 11 months ago #50140

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Lol well done, another unique character to keep us entertained ;)

Re: MGF broken front indicator clip 11 years 11 months ago #50141

• Humphrey
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • It's better to wear out than to rust out
;) I wonder if a picture hook is the answer to the great eternal question??
Maybe it could somehow prevent HGF?? :drive:
'I started off with nuthin and still got most of it left!'

You know, I spent a fortune on deodorant before I realised
that people didn't like me anyway!

Re: MGF broken front indicator clip 11 years 3 months ago #95819

;) ;) ;) :woohoo: :woohoo:

You sir are a saviour!!! Just had to carry out your "Mod" with top result, in fact indicators are more stable than before :broon:

Re: MGF broken front indicator clip 11 years 3 months ago #95872

Done this Mod myself a couple of months ago, wouldn't have believed it would work if I hadn't done it.
Live Life to Laugh

MGF broken front indicator clip 11 years 3 months ago #95893

I'll have to give this a try. Only problem is my indicators are currently glued in place :(

MGF broken front indicator clip 11 years 3 months ago #95906

I'm removing my bumper soon to strip the lights and have the reflectors re-plated......this is therefore a very timely and helpful thread - thanks.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

MGF broken front indicator clip 11 years 3 months ago #97626

And yes, both the clips broke - I made something similar with a bit of springy metal and it is fine - I even managed to extract one of the lights with out breaking the new clip. The original clip has quite a complicated shape so that it locks in to a cut out but has a bit where you can compress it with a screw driver - with the 'new' clip you have to bend things a bit but is seemed fine again of refitting.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

MGF broken front indicator clip 4 years 7 months ago #191313

I needed to get to the headlamp unit as the rubber surround had come adrift, so, removed the indicator, and, click, the stupid little clip broke off.
Superglue was useless, so I remembered seeing this “how to” and it worked, bloody brilliant. I just had to adjust the bend to clip into the bumper recess and Bingo, it worked.
A good saving on a new unit, and obviously it is tucked up and out of the way. And yes, I can insert a screwdriver at the side of the indicator and depress the clip and remove the indicator unit.
It took about 15 minutes to fix.

MGF broken front indicator clip 4 years 7 months ago #191333

I found that a piece of double sided foam tape does the trick

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT