Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Computer problems and issues. Talk about it here. 12 years 4 months ago #33645

Got a PC problem, issue or question. Ask here for help or advice before shelling out. Or maybe just discuss something computer related ie; windows 8. Anybody tried it yet?

*Ever used 'remote connect' to fix a software problem? Is there something that you just can't do, even after reading instructions, and need some help with doing it? (ie; uploading pics, making an avatar etc). Just ask if you need some assistance in doing anything. (*members only).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsleight

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Computer problems and issues. Talk about it here. 12 years 4 months ago #33646

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Running the System builder version of RC1 for Windows 8 on my laptop.

Re: Computer problems and issues. Talk about it here. 12 years 4 months ago #33647

Buy a mac. All problems solved ;)

Re: Computer problems and issues. Talk about it here. 12 years 4 months ago #33648

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Thats only because over 60% of its drivers are written by Microsoft :broon:

Re: Computer problems and issues. Talk about it here. 12 years 4 months ago #33649

touche

Re: Computer problems and issues. Talk about it here. 12 years 4 months ago #33650

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
We look after both Win and Mac at work and they are pretty even when it comes to problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rog1963

Re: Computer problems and issues. Talk about it here. 12 years 4 months ago #33651

WINDOWS 8!!! sigh*
I am just getting used to Windows 7, which I must say is working quite well for me.
I have used remote connect. Psymon used it to help me sort out my connections to
the forum...with excellent results.
One interesting note regarding IE8. I had to go back to IE7 as 8 prevented the software for my
Blackbox Solutions diagnostic MG/Rover software from running-Go figure.

Re: Computer problems and issues. Talk about it here. 12 years 4 months ago #33652

WINDOWS 8!!! sigh*
I am just getting used to Windows 7, which I must say is working quite well for me.
I have used remote connect. Psymon used it to help me sort out my connections to
the forum...with excellent results.

I also use win7, ie9 is my browser. Glad to see 'remote connect' worked for you Rich. Maybe others might have a fixable problem we can help out with in the future. :)

How's win8 shaping up Psymon? Care to give a cursory review / opinion yet?

Re: Computer problems and issues. Talk about it here. 12 years 4 months ago #33653

Whoops! I meant to say IE9 wouldn't work with the Blackbox. I am running 8 now without it interfering with the program.
Is it common for Explorer to interfere with other programs?

Re: Computer problems and issues. Talk about it here. 12 years 4 months ago #33654

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
That would be breaking my NDA, Ignoring that, mostly you can't tell it apart from widows 7,
Some profile and avatar stuffed shoved down by the clock where the logoff button seems to been moved to in the current build which is daft, what was wrong with clicking start to shutdown.
And then we hit Metro and then discover that it doesn't really work on a laptop without a touch screen, what i need is either a WM8 phone or a W8 Tablet, Hmm, oh look i've got a Lenovo Tablet runing metro and i'm loving it (shame i'll have to give it back), Having the metro UI runing across PC - Laptop - Phone - Tablet - X720 and Extenders is going to give a really nice end user experenice. Giving us all something cool to buy without the only reason being its got a better camera (but still nowhere near everything else)

if anybody asks i never said any of that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by psymon.

Re: Computer problems and issues. Talk about it here. 12 years 4 months ago #33655

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX

Whoops! I meant to say IE9 wouldn't work with the Blackbox. I am running 8 now without it interfering with the program.

Hmm yes, But its really the other way around. IE is a major part of windows, must programs interface into in some way or other, hence you can't remove it all together only change version.

back to the point.. Yes IE and programs interact and sometimes don't get on, Normally because a bug has been fixed in IE which has had a knocked on effect on anything that uses it.

Re: Computer problems and issues. Talk about it here. 12 years 4 months ago #33656

Some users reported the same, or a very similar sounding problem.

One reported a fix here;- Clickety click.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT