Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

The Horror of Race Retro!!!!! 12 years 2 months ago #42099

• rus82's Avatar Topic Author
  • rus82
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Now for those of you who don't know I have a Cav King Charles whom I share my life with, he is with me 24 7 (Olli).

We went to the MG spares day at Stoneleigh and had a fab day meeting lots of new people, but as he is very tiny there was a slight issue with people not seeing him on the floor and tripping on him, so much lazzy dogs horror he was carried around for a lot of the day. Now me not being the strongest of manly men I got a dead arm by the end of the day.

On my return home I went to the work room and ran up a carrier for him..........

So the following week it was Race Retro, at the same venue (which I had free tickets for as I used to work for the company that sell there tickets) we stroll in Olli chuft to bits because he can see everything and is basiclly getting a day long hug, go through the door, tickets ripped, and as we are walking in the door woman says ERRRR NO DOGS! :rant: once the red mist had cleared from my eyes I asked her what should I do with him, she said can't he just go in the car?......... I explained that there was no signes saying no dogs, nothing on the tickets, or any advice when booking the tickets that it was a no dog event, only to be told "that cars and dogs don't mix".

So I sat for the day in the car with Ol while my parents went round the show!

Now, really what harm is a little dog?

So a word of warning to all dog owners that go to car shows, DON'T GO TO RACE RETRO!!!!!!!!

orry rant over and thank you for letting me get that of my chest! ;)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Red Devil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: The Horror of Race Retro!!!!! 12 years 2 months ago #42108

Sadly out here in Oz dogs are rarely welcome in public areas. You'll never see them in Pubs and only the very occasional outdoor cafe will permit them. In fact the Health Act specifically bans them from most places. Why? Not really as Aussies on the whole are a nation of dog lovers. Every tradesman has a dog who goes everywhere with him, but stays in the back of the ute. :-)

Outdoor car shows will generally allow them but any indoor venue is out of bounds.....

Re: The Horror of Race Retro!!!!! 12 years 2 months ago #42116

I suppose it's different if you get the tickets for free but I would have caused a scene - because I'm a 'grumpy old git' who has absolutely no time for 'jobs worths' :lol:

I would have requested recompense for my wasted petrol AND my time and, if this failed, I would demand a written refusal of admission so that I could then take the requisite legal action. This normally results in a favourable outcome, as long as you are polite at all times ;)

Re: The Horror of Race Retro!!!!! 12 years 2 months ago #42139

• rus82
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
I do find it very interesting how different cultures react to dogs. I spend a fair bit of time in Denmark where even in the cities there are dogs everwhere, Denmark is an amazingly clean place and very socially conscious, dogs are not allowed in places that sell food which makes sense, but if you leave your dog outside it won't get stolen or a firework aimed at it by a passing chav!

As for the door staff at Race Retro, I will have my say as the event manager owes me a very large favour as I gave her my trusty old Skoda when she was in need. Next year I can assure you that it will be clear that dogs are not welcome, then people won't be put in the possition of having to leave them in the car where they could come to harm (this is what angered me the most)

Now I will calm down and stop with the rant :rant:

Re: The Horror of Race Retro!!!!! 12 years 2 months ago #42141

Rus,
do you think your handbag dog system would work with a 50kg Rottweiler? ;)
David
:shrug:

Re: The Horror of Race Retro!!!!! 12 years 2 months ago #42146

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Think you need the larger shoulder version David

Mind you having seen yours ... I think you could do yourself some serious personal injury try this.

rus82 I think the problem is where do you draw the line. Just small dogs? Only dogs that you carry in a sling like yours? Medium ok but not large, no particular breeds. No Staffs or Doberman?

I would not want to be going around a car show and have dogs there. Lots of dogs don't mix well with each other or large crowds of noisy people. Many people dislike dogs why should they suffer, because lets be honest how many real real car fan dogs are there?
Children can be frightened by dogs and just imagine if a dog bit a child at one of these shows :omg: the lawyers would have an absolute field day in the compensation courts. I think many dogs would get seriously stressed in a very crowded enclosed event, I know I can and I made a choice to go to the event, the dog didn't.

Let dogs in indoor events with large crowds of people ....No :nonod:
Attachments:

Re: The Horror of Race Retro!!!!! 12 years 2 months ago #42147

I know where your coming from, most race tracks do not allow dogs though

If we are going somewhere we cant take Preeti she needs a dog sitter :nonod:

IMHO there arent many bad dogs but bad owners so how can certain breeds be discriminated agains Staff's or Dobies arent on the banned dog list.

My worry when Im out is children worrying my dog, how many parents ask if its OK for their child to stroke your dog..... not many, I usually get them charging up to Preeti to make a fuss of her and she's tiny compared to most kids, she often has a look on her face that says oh no not again.... she's a very private dog and doesnt enjoy the attention :lol:

On the plus side MG Live allows dogs :broon:

I love the larger version :lol:

Preeti will go and sit on Daz's work rucksack which he leaves in the kitchen I do think she's waiting for food in her own little discreet way :lol: but try and get her in one NO WAY.... she likes to feel safe and have her feet on the floor :lol:

Re: The Horror of Race Retro!!!!! 12 years 2 months ago #42150

I have never owned a pet in my life but have 2, now fully grown children and IMHO the smaller versions of homo sapien are, generally, a bigger PITA at events than dogs (usually a lot louder and not kept under contol in too many instances). :lol:

Re: The Horror of Race Retro!!!!! 12 years 2 months ago #42151

• rus82
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
I do understand that indoor events aren't always the place for dogs, for there own safety (hence the carrier) and for the rights of other people, for example If i where going to the NEC Olli would stay at home. I would never type cast a dog on it's breed and yes where do you draw the line! The issue I had with the show was that due to poor advertising I was forced to leave the dog in the car when the week before at a simlar sized show at the same venue there was no issue, if i'd have known he would have stayed at home with my partner.

But anyway I am not ranting :lol:

I'm sure I could make a carrier for a 50kg Rotty, I couldn't be held resposible for any long term back problems you would have though :bust: Love the huskey in a back pack! and it will take me a while to stop my self from trying it with my parners German Shapard pup :unsure:

Thanks for the heads up on MG Live, I have recieved the entry form with my "safety first" mag today, so I can start making plans for that one. I totally agree about children by the way, Olli is always a lot happier when he is out of there reach, there is something about his ears that say "pull me" :slapme:

Re: The Horror of Race Retro!!!!! 12 years 2 months ago #42372

Hi Rus

Was thinking over the weekend and its MG Fest that definately allow dogs just not in the museum, I have a feeling MG Live with it being held at Silverston will adhere to the track rules and will be No Dogs, worth checking out. :broon:

Re: The Horror of Race Retro!!!!! 12 years 2 months ago #42377

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MG Live do allow dogs, on the campsite, not in the track area though..

Louis's dog carrier, it gets him in everywhere ;)

Last edit: Post by .

Re: The Horror of Race Retro!!!!! 12 years 2 months ago #42379

I think you find they arent allowed

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT