Sign In   Register

Topic

Electronic advice please. 2 years 10 months ago #196101

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Invalid or non-existent item ID.Invalid or non-existent item ID.Invalid or non-existent item ID.Invalid or non-existent item ID.Invalid or non-existent item ID.I'm happy to have you help. I'll post links to the ebay items.

USB 2.0 Extension Cable A Male- A Female High Speed Lead 0.1M 1M 3M 5M Metre Lot
Buy It Now

Fast GRIFFIN Twin USB In Car charger cigarette lighter adapter All Phones IPhone
Buy It Now

You will see that there are 2 usb on the head unit but I need 3. Tpms; Dvr ; additional memory stick. I have tried every combination of the 3 sources into 2 but no joy. 

David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Electronic advice please. 2 years 10 months ago #196109

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Its a USB hub you need to split a port out to multiple devices
High Speed 4 Port USB HUB 2.0 Multi Splitter Expansion Desktop PC Laptop Adapter
Buy It Now

Also the software in Head Unit needs to able to support multiple devices on the port as well, It's more likely to than not.
Other common USB issue is power, the port may not be putting out enough power for multiple devices

Last edit: Post by psymon.

Electronic advice please. 2 years 10 months ago #196111

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Invalid or non-existent item ID.Yeah, tried one of those too, lol.

Individually switched so that I can switch between inputs... Nope, didn't work either.  It would work with the first input, but when I switched that off and switched the second one on, nothing. It seemed that the headunit port was now set to the first input and would not recognise the second...
David

Electronic advice please. 2 years 10 months ago #196112

That is a problem with Android devices. When I realised both devices (camera and head unit) are Android ones, I see where problem is. However, solution is nowhere near at the moment.

What I wanted to ask is following, since that bothers me: do you have any self-powerd device from which you could take RCA cables and connect them to your RCA input on head unit? That part is not known to me in order to be sure RCA input of the head unit is working as expected. RCA inputs on Android devices can be temperamental. USB is something standard, but RCA is something different.

Electronic advice please. 2 years 10 months ago #196114

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Hi, I have a reversing camera connected via CVBS 1 and it works fine. In my rca bundle I also have a CVBS 2, and if I plug the reversing camera into that it also works.
David

Electronic advice please. 2 years 10 months ago #196115

Femal to Dual male Y cable you bought has following description:Description:
  • Brand New and Quality USB 2.0 A Female to 2 Dual USB male Hub Power Adapter Y Splitter Cable Cord Lead
  • Does one USB port not supply enough power for your USB device? This Sync USB Power Adapter Y cable for your is the solution.This cable allows for power to be taken from 2 USB ports, like a PC and External hard drive.
  • USB 2 Male TO USB Female Allows you to link 1 USB device into 2 USB Ports on your PC for more power.
  • There are times you may have an external device, such as a portable 2.5 hard drive, and a standard USB cable is not able to transfer enough power to operate the device.
  • Please Note: One USB male cable is just for charging to bring more power, the another one is for Charging & Data Sync.
Take a close look at the last sentence where it says Please Note: One USB cable is just for chaeging to bring more power, the another one is for charging & Data sync.

My question is: since this is not a regular split cable where both male sides are equal, but for additional powering, have you tried to swap male sides of this cable when you did not get signal on RCA side for head unit? It might be that you used Power and Data side for power only, and power only side for RCA signal which is not there.

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Electronic advice please. 2 years 10 months ago #196116

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Hi, I hadn't noticed that, I will try again and swap the two ports.

I will update you...
David

Electronic advice please. 2 years 10 months ago #196117

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Swapped them around, still nothing, sadly. 

On the rca plugs, am I correct in assuming  yellow is video, red and white are sound?
David

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Electronic advice please. 2 years 10 months ago #196118

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Invalid or non-existent item ID.
How does this differ from the usb to rca I have?
And don't say it only has two rca plugs instead of three,  

I notice red and a white aux inputs on the head unit...
David

Electronic advice please. 2 years 10 months ago #196119

Swapped them around, still nothing, sadly. 

On the rca plugs, am I correct in assuming  yellow is video, red and white are sound?

And in both cases your camera was powered, but no video signal?

Yes, yellow is video part, while red and white are sound (audio) part only.

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

Electronic advice please. 2 years 10 months ago #196120

Invalid or non-existent item ID.

How does this differ from the usb to rca I have?
And don't say it only has two rca plugs instead of three,  

I notice red and a white aux inputs on the head unit...

Cable from the link above has only sound (audio) part of signal. That cable does not provide video part of signal. It is wrongly advertised as it says video, but there is none, since yellow cable of RCA is missing.
Cable you have from link shown to me have all parts of signal (red and white for RH and LH side of stereo audio signal and yellow cable for video signal). 

Electronic advice please. 2 years 10 months ago #196121

Something is a miss here and I am trying to figure out what is wrong. Is it possible for you to show/draw/explain me what you connected where?

Also I have a slight problem figuring out connectors of your camera. On link you provided I cannot see any USB port. What I can see is only fixed power cable and place where you can put SD card. Can I get more explanation on this front? Or more pictures?

From description of camera you provided I also do not see any description which monitor camera expects. It is only said Navigation system monitor. But under video format is said AVI format. It might be that camera sends AVI format of video and expects AVI decoder on the other side in order to be able to show it. In that case we do not have a chance with RCA setup as of above because RCA setup expects that camera sends analogue format of video through  USB. If camera sends AVI format of video through USB then this is digital format which expects decoding and RCA is not ment for decoding. 

It would be much easier if camera would have HDMI output as in that case we could use HDMI to RCA converter.

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.
Time to create page: 7.609 seconds