Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGF Electric Mirrors 1 month 3 weeks ago #205969

I tried the search function without luck.
MGF 2002
My electric Mirrors work L to R but not Up and Down. Same both sides.
Where should I start looking?
Was also unaware till now they are heated:lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGF Electric Mirrors 1 month 3 weeks ago #205970

You should buy new working door mirror position switch. You can try to make present one better with contact cleaner, but for long period new switch is the best option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Toyman

MGF Electric Mirrors 1 month 3 weeks ago #205991

Good 2nd hand mirror switches arent expensive https://www.mgfntfbitz.co.uk/shop/electric-mirror-adjust-switch/

But of course if you want to get rid of all that electrical gubbins Ive a lovely pair of manual mirrors in resplendent matte black and i'll throw in a blanking plate to cover the switch hole. A snip at 2 cans of beer. Think of all that strain on the alternator you'll be saving
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

MGF Electric Mirrors 1 month 3 weeks ago #205999

Thank you for your offer, but I'm in Aussie land. Freight cost would far outweigh the cost of a new switch.
Thanks also for the link. Switch 8GBP Postage 20GBP. Maybe they don't need adjusting.

MGF Electric Mirrors 1 month 3 weeks ago #206000

I’m off to my pet scrappy tomorrow morning, would you like me to see if there’s a sub bargain basement priced switch that’s not been drenched?
I’m sure I could get it to the antipodes for less than £20.
M

MGF Electric Mirrors 1 month 3 weeks ago #206001

The shipping can be expensive, Rimmers quoted £60 to supply and send a four way brake union to Brisbane for someone that I know. I got the union, four metres of ducting, four dash air vents, and two brake switches. Shipping was £32 total cost for parts about £80. I could have brought them over for nothing but he was worried about customs.

MGF Electric Mirrors 1 month 3 weeks ago #206002

Thank you for that. Obviously needs to be tested.
Unfortunately not many wrecks available over here, even if a part is available they want an arm and a leg.

MGF Electric Mirrors 1 month 3 weeks ago #206003

Customs are not a problem. No duty up to $A1000. Big rip off on Ebay these days as UK sellers are using the Global Shipping Program. Not only is it expensive , but they charge Import Duty , which Ebay pocket as it is not charged.

MGF Electric Mirrors 1 month 3 weeks ago #206026

The retrospective change back to manual mirrors is no going to be worth the trouble.
However I’m in Melbourne and I gotta pair of manual mirrors that you can have, I replaced them for powered mirrors because the damned things were never in alignment, idiot pedestrians would always knock them……..too busy fiddle bumming about with their damned phones to look were they’re going.
The whole mirror head on the manual mirrors moves for adjustment making them easy knock.
Where as the mirror heads on the power mirrors are fixed the mirror itself does the adjustment so it’s protected by the mirror head.

My mirrors are Volcano Orange and would need repainting to match your car………so that cost alone would make a switch cheaper.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: mnripley, Toyman

MGF Electric Mirrors 1 month 3 weeks ago #206028

It’s good to see the Cobber heading on a post, a trickle is encouraging, what we want is a deluge of posts slathered with knowledge, wit & sarcasm.
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cobber, mnripley

MGF Electric Mirrors 1 month 3 weeks ago #206047

Thanks for the offer but no way would I go to manual mirrors as unoriginal.
Not really over concerned as it just sits in the shed. I like to have everything working if I can.
Might have to arrange my next Cruise to include England.

MGF Electric Mirrors 1 month 2 weeks ago #206079

Customs are not a problem. No duty up to $A1000. Big rip off on Ebay these days as UK sellers are using the Global Shipping Program. Not only is it expensive , but they charge Import Duty , which Ebay pocket as it is not charged.

I've sold quite a few of my low coolant alarms via the eBay Global Shipping Program. I get to see the amount that people have to pay for this service. It's shocking!

I've always said that I will give a discount to members of The T Bar who buy from me directly and I only charge what it costs for international postage with the dear old Royal Mail. So if anyone in AUS (or anywhere else) wants one, please contact me via private message.

Moderators - feel free to delete this if my blatant advert offends :-)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT