Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Antivirus 9 years 3 months ago #155180

Can anybody point me to a antivirus they can recommend and is also safe to download,thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Antivirus 9 years 3 months ago #155182

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
In the old days when I had to work with Windows I used Avira:

Avira Antivirus

Happy to work with a Mac since several years now...
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Antivirus 9 years 3 months ago #155183

avast or avg free. There is an article in the guardian worth reading http://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2015/jan/15/how-can-i-make-my-pc-completely-secure

Re:Antivirus 9 years 3 months ago #155185

Microsoft Essentials. Free and fast.

Re:Antivirus 9 years 3 months ago #155255

AVG - free is good and paid for is cheap.

I use free on machines where we don't do banking and paid for where we do, never ever had a fail when using either.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Antivirus 9 years 3 months ago #155271

I used to install Avast on all PCs I and family ever got - nowadays with Microsoft Essentials being free and pretty good I have that on all my PCs and ones at work. If Windows 8 then it's built in anyway as 'Windows Defender'.

Antivirus 9 years 3 months ago #155272

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
+1 on Essentials, Doesn't slow you pc down and doesn't bug you with constant notifications.

Antivirus 9 years 3 months ago #155278

Another vote for AVG free - used for years without problems.

(I admit to being anti-Microsoft - brought up on Macs and finding that Windows 8 is driving me mad. Deactivated most of the 'features' and it's still rubbish, totally unintuitive! XP was the closest Microsoft got to the early, intuitive Mac interface - and it's got steadily worse since then!)
What's that black canvas thing behind the seats for?

Antivirus 9 years 3 months ago #155318

another vote for AVG
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Re:Antivirus 9 years 3 months ago #155328

+1 more for AVG

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Antivirus 9 years 3 months ago #155335

I would also suggest using a one off scan from a different provider from time to time as all manufacturers miss some malware, microsoft has a 'malicious software removal tool', sophos and mcafee have a similar product. If you want to go the whole hog and secure your home or small business network sophos do a free firewall which I believe includes anti virus for up to 5 users - search 'sophos utm' (unified threat management).. Hope this is of help to someone - let me know if you want further details.

Antivirus 9 years 3 months ago #155350

Thankyou for the advice, i am not much wiser, as i am not the brightest of sparks with computers, i have arranged for the IT guy for my glazing businees to call in.
He said i have this that and the other everything is fine but all the same he will check things over.
This started with a phonecall from somebody who claimed to be from my internet provider,telling me there was a serious breach of security, my computers had been hacked.I explained i was out at the moment, i asked if i could take a number to call back he said if i wasnt near my computer he would call back.
He did call back he sounded chinese,my eldest daughter took the call and sussed out it was a scam,somebody trying to get me near the computers to download something,a phonecall to my internet provider confirmed this.
They said they never contact anybody my phone checked my account with no record of a phonecall they said they have nothing to do with the operation of computers, just supply the connection and there is a bit of this going on so be vigilant.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT