Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

mgtf cambelt tensioner bolt 9 years 7 months ago #150792

After buying my first mgtf last october with some history,,,,,,,but none suggesting the cambelt had been changed i set upon myself to tackle the cambelt.......The belt after investigation appeared very good a gates one at that........but wanting piece of mind i renewed belt,tensioner,pump and altenator belt............and put it all back together wow my first cambelt change..............then i began to read the manual a bit more i noticed it said discard and renew patchlok bolt to my automatic tensioner........is this absolutely essential or is it a waste of time stripping my car down again.........i noticed tensioners for sale on ebay ,but not the bolt................can anyone help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

mgtf cambelt tensioner bolt 9 years 7 months ago #150800

Try Rimmers or Brown and Gammons or Moss or Sussex MG or Lakeland Mini.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

mgtf cambelt tensioner bolt 9 years 7 months ago #150802

Thanks for the reply ill check them out,.....i will purchase one shortly......always willing to learn more......is the bolt special by this i mean a stretch bolt or is it just common practice that everything is renewed to ruleout fatigue

mgtf cambelt tensioner bolt 9 years 7 months ago #150804

I suspect it has a bead of locking compound.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

mgtf cambelt tensioner bolt 9 years 7 months ago #150810

I bought a cam belt kit from ebay, continental one, came with tensioner, belt and water pump. No bolt and no mention of having to change it so we didnt.

mgtf cambelt tensioner bolt 9 years 7 months ago #150816

Tensioners have been known to come undone!! the bolt reffered to has a 'patch' of nylon on the treads to act as a locking agent, you could have cleaned it up and used Locktite thread lock to put it back. I would personally get a new bolt with the patch and put that in. MGOC part no.LGY101460 £2.5 each plus post.

My Gates kit had the bolt in the kit.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT