Sign In   Register

Topic

That awful moment when....... 9 years 7 months ago #150101

Looking at it logically and dispassionately - You have a 12 month warranty on the head gasket, the head gasket's gone...

Ask the guy for how much he thinks the replacement will cost, and get Russell to do it.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rockyforeshore

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

That awful moment when....... 9 years 7 months ago #150125

Cheers Cobber.....that was one descriptive way of putting it.......It will make me grin when/if the tirade of bullshit begins, I'll be thinking about you!

That awful moment when....... 9 years 7 months ago #150126

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable request David, and it should cut through all the bullshit as Cobber so plainly points out!

That awful moment when....... 9 years 7 months ago #150278

Oh well, phone call to recently returned holiday maker dealer made.
Dealer : "Hello Neal's cars"

Me : "Good morning Neal it's Steve, I left you a message and a couple of emails regarding the head gasket problem with the MG"

Dealer : " Err, erm , oh yes, Steve, err, (rapidly spoken) I'm in Spain ok? See you, bye, "

Me : " Hold on Neal I was told you were back from your holiday today...."

Dealer : "Err, no, err Thurs, err Friday, bye.........."

Me : Wait a minute, you can't keep avoiding me, what are you going to do about this?'Why would you answer your phone, 'Hello Neals Cars'?

Dealer : "Ok bye.......................bye"

Me : (As the connection clunks .........) "You F&(:)ing cheating robbing barsteward" et al.

I've subsequently txt him as he isn't picking up (odd that) and let him know that I know what he's done, or indeed not done and given him the chance to think about what he's playing at, also I cheekily gave him the opportunity to man up and make a one off payment of £300 towards the cost of rectifying this problem and that be the end of it, or I start legal proceedings and incur costs.
I know this will not even register in his petty thieving mind and that really I'm going to be the loser as I really don't want the stress, but a week of awkward phone calls and a surprise visit might keep him busy ducking and diving.

If anyone would like to call him to enquire after a test drive in a Peugeot 307 @£2k
Call him on 01530 813512..... He can always let you know how the Rain in Spain is doing!

That awful moment when....... 9 years 7 months ago #150281

Not recommended... But a mate of mine had similar.. he parked the said car so it blocked traffic in and out of the garage... with a big sign on it saying this garage ripped me off..

Police called by owner..

Police asked him to move car.. he showed them the evidence.. they weren't interested.. threatened to arrest him for breach of peace..

This country is a joke.. You could report him to Trading Standards.. But unlikely they will do anything unless there have been at least 5 complaints within the last 12 months

Don't forget to tie his xmas card to a brick when you deliver it through his window.. :P

Also know of another guy who stole the air valve centers out of every tyre on every car on the forecourt.. (30-40 cars)

Police said he couldn't be done for criminal damage as no damage had technically been done.. and the centers that were removed were all left in a pot.. of golden syrup...

Childish.. but satisfying in the moment ;)
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

That awful moment when....... 9 years 7 months ago #150283

Cheers Diesel.......he'll be getting a card alright.

That awful moment when....... 9 years 7 months ago #150284

Why not get a friend to phone him up on another mobile, to enquire about another car just to check that his is still in Spain.
Regards

Chris
If your going to have one, Have a big one!

That awful moment when....... 9 years 7 months ago #150287

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Neals Cars. Not far from us actually.

There is a review site: cardealerreviews.co.uk, and there are no doubt others. No reviews for Mr Neal yet, be the first to write one! Then forward him the link..... :broon:
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

That awful moment when....... 9 years 7 months ago #150299

I suppose he could actually still be in Spain...:shrug:
David
:shrug:

That awful moment when....... 9 years 7 months ago #150309

Oh John, music to my ears, just like a steady old weir pump......I'll be checking it out asap....cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: John and Sue

That awful moment when....... 9 years 7 months ago #150310

I really doubt it very much David, I spoke to a hired hand in his office last Monday and he said he was definitely back off holiday today, I then told him to contact me on his return to discuss the H G F and the warranty ..... He was quite in a flap to be honest.
I've tried to get hold of Russell, but he's on holiday until the 17th, not driven my lovely car for a week now, went out to the garage and it fired up beautifully......hurry up Russell!

That awful moment when....... 9 years 7 months ago #150381

Had an email .........afternoon , at the garage Wednesday, please return your car as we need to look at this for you, thanks neal
I thought I'd ring him as he was supposed to be in Spain till at least Thurs..........I confronted him with the "I'm in Spain till Thursday/fri" schpeel that he gave me...........dummy spat out..... Phone down...... I then called him back, you guessed it....the dutifull wife answers.... I am a true gentleman.....honestly, so I tread carefully. Can hear him instructing her in the background, I begin to lose patience and ask that she puts him on the phone, she then gives me a load of shit.........I then let them both know that I ain't a happy bunny...... Phone goes dead.....
Call back and he answers ......says I'm arrogant and he won't repair my car.....WTF....

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT