Sign In   Register

Topic

MGF refurb Colour opinions 9 years 4 months ago #153682

That focus rs colour looks stunning on the f !! The only colour I would have changed it for would have been house of kolor candy apple red!!

Very nice car u got there chief!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT MG SPARES LTD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGF refurb Colour opinions 9 years 4 months ago #153706

I like the look of that upgraded alternator adjuster - where did it come from please?

Richard

It looks like the one I got from MG Mania Ltd.
MGTF MG TF Upgraded Alternator Belt Tensioner Adjuster Bracket Bolt Kit 1
Completed

There's another seller on ebay doing similar (may have been the originator tbh).
Adjuster Alternator Belt Tensioner Bracket K Series MGF TF Rover rally race M10
Completed

I opted for the MG Mania version because it came with the longer bolts required to fix it.

It's much easier to adjust the tension than the MG original.

Thanks for the steer and the info from GT MG Spares Ltd too - I've just ordered one from MG Mania (the rose joint version - OTT I know but for not a lot more I just had to have it). Prices ordering directly off the MG Mania LTd website are a bit better than eBay.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

MGF refurb Colour opinions 9 years 3 months ago #154856

The painting is finished,just being mopped and polished today,then back up to the workshop for reassembly over the winter.The weather is gloomy today and the car is inside so the true pearl colour effect not showing on camera.

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

MGF refurb Colour opinions 9 years 3 months ago #154857

Wouldn't be my choice of colour but looks a cracking job so far Glenn. Can't wait to see it all back together :broon:
Robin ;)

MGF refurb Colour opinions 9 years 3 months ago #154949

Collected it back today.

Attachments:

MGF refurb Colour opinions 9 years 3 months ago #154995

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
I like it.

Kermit

MGF refurb Colour opinions 9 years 2 months ago #155952

The shell loom back in and a few bits bolted back in.Rebuilt the inside of doors with brand new guides and cheetahs for the glass, new glass fitted and cockpit seals.Snorkel upgrade fitted and new wiper motor,them gas bonnet struts look nice and its nice to not have to keep banging me bonce up the bonnet stay.

Attachments:

MGF refurb Colour opinions 9 years 3 weeks ago #157471

The refurbed subframe & running gear finally refitted last night all wired in and piped back in suspension exhaust all in. .I Need it off the ramp this weekend it is currently down at the back until i fit the refurbed front subframe saturday to distribute some weight back to the front so i can raise on the ramp arms again.
I need to backtrack slightly on the rear as i havent fitted the polybushes apart from antirollbar to the rear tie rods i need to paint the hubs and tie rods up but ideally i want it running this saturday and off the ramp so i will have to come back to that.
Once the subframe refitted saturday then i can pipe front radiator hoses in and coolant up.Been waiting for me Braided all in one Clutch hose from master to slave cylinder to arrive it came today so should have transmission back saturday.
Have not heard this run for a while a lot of time and effort gone into this restore so fingers crossed saturday will work
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, cairnsys

MGF refurb Colour opinions 9 years 3 weeks ago #157519

Front refurbed subframe back in toda, solid mounts on all four corners front and rear,polybushed ,brand new TF steering rack,balljoints,wheel bearings,brand new calipers front and rear and hel brake lines front and rear brand new bistein mgf cup suspension.Finally got the engine running late tonight and coolant bled through but not off the ramp yet as beaten by time today.Positive to hear the engine running nicely after 10 months of on off work when time allows.

Attachments:

MGF refurb Colour opinions 9 years 2 weeks ago #157526

That's a very thorough job you are doing! :yesnod: The car will be better than new when you're finished. Almost REBORN you might say. :P
David
:shrug:

MGF refurb Colour opinions 9 years 2 weeks ago #157786

All 4 wheels on the road and back in motion today although only around the carpark,used a the milk crate for a seat.
No running issues i expected one or two niggles but luckily none yet, it needs a road test to be sure.the engine bay and underbonnet all now complete.

This afternoon being a 1996 model I renewed the dashboard for a brand new one and brand new passenger airbag.Fitted the LE500 pedal box set ,main reason it looks better and the mark one brake pedal light adjustment switch is a common problem so swapped it for TF.
Fitted the LE500 gear selector.

MGF refurb Colour opinions 9 years 2 weeks ago #157788

Looking good,Glen :yesnod:
What seats are you installing?

Time to create page: 1.811 seconds