Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Key Fob Range 10 years 4 days ago #142528

Mine is 315mhz as well. Generally good for about 20ft, longer with the head trick (Although you do look a bit foolish pointing the remote under your chin.
It would be nice to get more range out of it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Key Fob Range 9 years 11 months ago #144154

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

...They have a restricted range to reduce the change of an unintended unlock event going un-noticed.

:pinch: The restricted range in my case was about 6 inches from the car, how thoughtful of MG Rover :lol:

I have found a simple fix for this problem. Click here to go to the new T-Bar How To.

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Key Fob Range 9 years 11 months ago #144292

From the rear my Lucas fob will only work from about 1 metre but when the fob placed next to my head the range is a lot greater. Amazing. Will test for full range at the weekend

Key Fob Range 9 years 11 months ago #144296

You shouldn't have the fob in your rear Alan. :nonod: You'll end up with piles! :P
I know, :coat:
David
:shrug:

Key Fob Range 9 years 11 months ago #144502

I have been playing around with different wire lengths for the Pekton unit (yellow wire in plug C0661 in pinout 1 which goes into the loom for a short distance)

No matter what variations of 1/4 and 1/2 wavelengths there was little or no difference in fob lock/unlock range.

I spoke to Paul (Technozen) and had a reply from him this morning "The Pektron SCU has no external antenna, the internal radio receiver board has an antenna on the circuit board. Poor radio range on these units is usually caused by the radio receiver board itself, it's a common problem" (Thanks Paul)

The yellow wire on the Pektron BCU (plug C0661 pinout 1) would normaly go to plug C0750 position 3 which would plug into switch S185. This is the control the re-circulated air for the AC (if fitted)

Lesson 1. The Pektron unit has no external aerial.

Lesson 2. Get all the information to hand before messing around.

Lesson 3. If you have poor remote lock/unlock on your TF stand closer to your car.

Lesson 4. I can remove and install the BCU in 30 seconds.

Brian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Key Fob Range 9 years 11 months ago #144540

.....I have found a simple fix for this problem. Click here to go to the new T-Bar How To.

And it works a treat :beer: :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44

Key Fob Range 9 years 11 months ago #144564

.....I have found a simple fix for this problem. Click here to go to the new T-Bar How To.

And it works a treat :beer: :broon:

Only on a Lucas system, not on a TF (Pektron BCU)

Brian.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT