Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 5 months ago #173668

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
I don't think you can get new bottom bushes for the TF dampers. I think it's a rose joint. Another damper required. they also recommend changing them in pairs, just to cheer you up!
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 5 months ago #173698

Thanks DA they no do a bottom bush but they are £35/45 each which seems a lot to spend on a 12 year old shock presuming they are original, can anybody tell me what was fitted originally? Also any recommendations for replacements wont be vhs or anything that expensive

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 5 months ago #173700

The originals were Munroes.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 5 months ago #173703

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David

Thanks DA they no do a bottom bush but they are £35/45 each which seems a lot to spend on a 12 year old shock presuming they are original, can anybody tell me what was fitted originally? Also any recommendations for replacements wont be vhs or anything that expensive

I see what you mean.
MGTF MG TF Lower Shock Absorbers Upgraded Bush Kit New mgmanialtd.com
Completed
David

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 5 months ago #173712

Waxoyled the front and rear subframes, not a job I would recommend, you have to keep the waxoyl warm almost hot to keep it flowing and the pressure sprayer is not worth the money it's in the bin now ????

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 5 months ago #173715

Harvesting TF subframe and MEMS3 conversion parts.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 5 months ago #173717

put the cover on the tf in the garage....to keep the dust off... :hgf:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 5 months ago #173759

Pgew started a thread on a vented bootlid (http://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/9-mgf-tf-pitstop/94745-vented-boot) in which he said:

'So all those bits of Essex chrome sold on ebay to half-block the vents inside are counter-productive - especially as with fine mesh and chrome they are blocking over 50% of the air capacity of the vents, apart from looking naff (!).'

I'm not sure that 50% airflow reduction is accurate but it did make me think about the mesh on my car which was fitted before I bought it. I've always been a bit dubious about it because it's a different weave to the much nicer s/s mesh on the rest of the car. Anyway, I decided that Peter was right and it did look a bit naff so off it came today.

Here I'm halfway through the removal:

And here is the finished job:

The mesh had been stuck in with a rubbery putty - I'm still removing bits from inside the lid but it's only visible with the lid open.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 5 months ago #173768

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Prefer the after look too :yesnod: !
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 5 months ago #173816

Finished off stowage space upgrades.

We use the TF a lot for touring....never enough space for "stuff"

So:-
replaced airbag cover with upside down ZR parcel shelf ( now satnav shelf0

replaced ashtray with another one of those under armrest boxes ( for phones, sweets etc)

Fitted Golf Gti Mk2 door cubby holes underneath the door pull

Should surely be enough "stuff" room now ?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 5 months ago #173890

After a recent dying battery incident driving home which turned out to be due to getting no charge from the alternator, I replaced the duff unit with a nice shiny recon one and fitted a new belt at the same time. Took about 2.5 hours altogether, including wrestling the adjuster bolt off with the aid of a bench vice and plenty of plusgas! Nowhere near as bad a job as I was expecting. It took twice as long to remove and replace the alternator on my PT Cruiser :rant:

Decided to replace the fuel filter and clean the throttle body at the same time, and relocate the K&N fitted by the previous owner a little further away from the hot stuff.

All in all, a very satisfying afternoons work, with the exception of now having to sort out the high idle that has developed since bolting it all back together. I've tried the IACV reset 4 or 5 times to no avail, and it's a 160 so not a plastic tb. IACV clean out is planned for this week.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 5 months ago #173926

Not much this weekend :( but ordered my car cover from Halfords as it was 50% off in the black Friday sale with free postage over £30 delivery tomorrow :broon:

Time to create page: 1.228 seconds