sveden too

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Winter tyres 10 years 5 months ago #133902

I have just fitted 195/45 16 wintertires on my TF. Works brilliant
:broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Winter tyres 10 years 5 months ago #133915

The evidence has convinced me, what make of winter tyres are recommended for the F considering I just forked out for a full new set of toyos about a month ago? This blutty car is a cash cow!! Haha!

Winter tyres 10 years 5 months ago #133919

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
I have had Toyo Snow Proxes, and now Hankook snow tyres on the F. Nothing to choose between them.
David
:shrug:

Winter tyres 10 years 5 months ago #135070

i'm another advocate for winter tyres, started with a pair on the back of my Tf a couple of years ago and this year we now have 14 winter tyres on our cars :)
got 195/45/16s all round on Maggys car and i've got 195/50/16 on mine and both cars feel fine with them on
i use part worn tyres as i can get them for £20 a go from local places and they are usually either pirelli or mitchelins so instead of £400+ a set its just £80 and they usually have about 6mm of tread :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Winter tyres 10 years 5 months ago #135191

If you buy secondhand winter tyres remember to check how old they are. If they are more than 6-7 years old the rubber has become so hard that they are not much better than summer tyres
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Leigh Ping

Winter tyres 10 years 5 months ago #135236

They are predicting snow here for higher levels tomorrow so I bunged the snow tyres on today (even though we live below sea level so are unlikely to see much, or any of the white stuff just yet). I don't want to get caught out. I am running 185/55/15 Kumhos. I tried to get snow Proxes a couple of years ago but none were available.
I would have gone for Hakkapelittas as we used to run them on the rally cars and they are incredible, but they are only available from one supplier here and they price them as if they are made of unicorn hide. That said, the Kumhos are decent performers, but it sure is nice to put the Toyos back on in the spring! :clap:

Winter tyres 10 years 5 months ago #135243

If you buy secondhand winter tyres remember to check how old they are. If they are more than 6-7 years old the rubber has become so hard that they are not much better than summer tyres

Are you also a 'tyre guy' Mikstur? Or is that just Scandinavian experience? ;)

We may need your help sometime soon.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Winter tyres 10 years 5 months ago #135281

I've just ordered some Nokian for the Skoda. £500 including new alloys. Not sure I can justify it for the F though.

Winter tyres 10 years 5 months ago #135294

It is the Scandinavian experience. :yesnod: Actually you ought to use winter tyres already at plus 7 to 5 Celcius

Are you also a 'tyre guy' Mikstur? Or is that just Scandinavian experience? ;)

We may need your help sometime soon.

Last edit: Post by Mikstur.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT