Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2 Media Player. 11 years 7 months ago #67924

Just thought I'd share this for those who have an in car DVD. Simple idea and I'm sure many have done this already.

I've recently installed a single din DVD player in my car and wasn't too keen on humping discs around with me. What I've done instead is install a Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2 media player (£20) in the glove box (Medium hole and some velcro). It's tiny and sits in the palm of your hand. The main reason I used this one, apart for the wide range of recognised formats, is that it only requires a 5V 2A supply, which quite nicely is the same as USB. As we know most of the head units have a USB built-in or as option.

I cut the power supply connector off the supplied plug (making sure there was plenty of cable) and also the USB plug of a standard cable, then soldered them both together. The USB cable is only four wires. I used the red and black (please confirm first).

Then simply plugged in the USB to both the media player and USB of the head unit and the A/V cable from the media player to the relevent head unit inputs.

Under normal conditions the Sumvision Cyclone can power a 2.5" HDD, however in the car situation it wouldn't, probably because of the current demand from my HDD. You may be able to buy a lower rated power consumption version. However instead I used a cheap 64GB SD card in the media player front slot.

Voila, loads of my DVDs now condensed and no excess baggage.

There is a a new version of the Cyclone (V3 around £30) which has additional built in storage, but also has a USB power lead, thus meaning you don't have to start chopping away at cables. Simply just plug and play.

Enjoy. All I have to do now is find a reason to actually watch the damn thing. Think I'd look a prat sat in the garage with a big box of popcorn. :beer:

Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2 Media Player.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: Media Player 11 years 7 months ago #67940

Looks good!
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: :) edited after pics were inserted.

Re: Media Player 11 years 7 months ago #67961

Great info and pics. Thanks G. :broon:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT