• Ozzy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ozzy
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
hey guys
few people asked me to pop up my experience of the £40 induction kit from ebay:

Forced Induction Cold Air Feed pipe Kit Cone Ram Filter + 3inch Duct Flexipipe
Completed

i also purchased a reducing elbow in silicon from my local car tuning shop for £30...

so here is my quick guide to the install:

1. firstly, start with taking the parcel shelf out, and insulating foam, lift the rear of the roof (for better access), and undo the 10/12 10mm bolts holding the engine cover down...

2. start to remove the original airbox... this is done with 4 clips holding the top down, just unclip all 4 and remove the top of the filter housing...

as part of this process unscrew the juberlee clip on the throttle body:

then remove the inlet hose, and upper filter housing as one unit...

3. remove the filter from the air box that is now exposed:

as you can see mine was due a change...

4. remove the lower airbox housing, this was just a case of pulling towards the engine block and lifting for me, there may have meant to have been a securing screw, but mine did not have one...

removal is a bit of a squeeze, but do-able...

this leaves a nice big gap for the new filter to go into...

5. install the flexi hose from the side pod to the bottom of the airfilter, i did this by taking out the 2 retaining screws (philips head) in the side pod cover, and then running the flex down to the side pod from above...

and connect to the filter with the supplied juberlee clip...

6. i purchased a silicon elbow in black to link my filter to the throttle body...
initially i put this on the TB first, but that turned out to be a mistake as i couldnt do up the 2nd juberlee clip on the filter, so then put it on the filter and put them both on the TB

i installed this on the filter first, then put the 2 in place...

then it is a case of ensuring everything is done up tightly, not pinching, and putting it all back together....

Oz.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, jac114, KentJohn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: Ebay screenshot in case the Ad goes.

Re: ebay air filter... installation as promised... 11 years 11 months ago #49324

o.k so seeing you do that has thrown up the question as to why so many people talk about cutting up the resinator box to fit an induction kit ???? also how does the car sound and does it honestly feel any better to drive ?

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

Re: ebay air filter... installation as promised... 11 years 11 months ago #49325

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Nice job, looks just like mine ;)

Re: ebay air filter... installation as promised... 11 years 11 months ago #49326

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop
You make it look so simple!

As Jac said, it would be nice to hear how it sounds, maybe a video?

-=Visit my Website!=-

Re: ebay air filter... installation as promised... 11 years 11 months ago #49336

• Ozzy
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
Took about 50 mins start to finish...

Almost no difference to drive, pulls a bit better over 90/100mph...

Fuel economy will let you know...

But had to do something as the original pipe that the air box sucks from had come off and so the car would get VERY high intake temps in heavy traffic (60-80c on occasions!!!)

Sounds nicer on throttle under load now though :)

I'm happy with it. Will do a video at some point... Probably a bit pointless in my case though as my TT exhaust is 110db at 5500rpm!!!

It's insanely loud already... Got odd looks this evening from 4 chaps in a Ferrari FF in hindhead tunnel who couldn't hear their own v12 over my mgf :bust:

Oz

Last edit: Post by Ozzy.

Re: ebay air filter... installation as promised... 11 years 11 months ago #49384

o.k so seeing you do that has thrown up the question as to why so many people talk about cutting up the resinator box to fit an induction kit ???? also how does the car sound and does it honestly feel any better to drive ?

i believe this is a mk2 airbox. It is bigger than the mk1 and doesn't have the resonator box below it as the mk1 does.
David
:shrug:

Re: ebay air filter... installation as promised... 11 years 11 months ago #49389

• Ozzy
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer

i believe this is a mk2 airbox. It is bigger than the mk1 and doesn't have the resonator box below it as the mk1 does.

yes, sorry, car is MY2001... last year of the F...

Re: Air filter installation. 11 years 11 months ago #49401

Now in the 'how to's. Superb mod and guide. Cheers Ozzy. :broon:

Air filter upgrade installation - Air filter upgrade installation guide and original airbox removal.

Re: ebay air filter... installation as promised... 11 years 11 months ago #49402

That is correct, mine is a Mk 1 airbox with the resonator box below which is fixed into position with three bolts throught the nearside inner wheel arch. Mind you, i undid the bolts on mine and nothing moved, so put that job lower down the ever growing list :slapme:

Re: Air filter installation. 11 years 11 months ago #49431

• Ozzy
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer

Now in the 'how to's. Superb mod and guide. Cheers Ozzy. :broon:

Air filter upgrade installation - Air filter upgrade installation guide and original airbox removal.

cool, glad i could contribute something for a change :broon:

Re: Air filter installation. 11 years 11 months ago #49781

Whew - glad that was the later airbox - I would have hated to have wasted 2 days with a Dremel for no reason :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Air filter installation. 11 years 11 months ago #49785

Explain please?
Have you been modding yours and before I get much further with mine (I've got a 52mm TB waiting to be fitted, I've removed most of the rigid pipe which runs within the airbox and I'm planning to trunk it to the n/s duct). Thanks

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds