Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38653

The boot MG badge looks great and 'in tune' with the wrap. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luckymarine

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38659

I did contemplate the black and chrome, the same as the wheel badges and then some black and red ones but plumbed for the non shiny black inserts to go with the matte finish of the paintwork, works well I think..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38717

Sorry, went a bit crazy with the camera, the glass and mirrors need cleaning up, the black plastic needs cleaning, the exhaust finishers need cleaning, I have ordered another 4 cans of black to go over the bonet as its looking a little streaky. The front calipers are going to be done tomorow if the weather stays fine but gives a good impression of what has been achieved.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38718

'Door open' pics please. I'd like to see the contrast with the red. :)

Looks really good. For Gods' sake make sure you have a fluorescent coat in the boot and a warning triangle. :broon:

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38719

• Visitor
  • Visitor

'Door open' pics please. I'd like to see the contrast with the red. :)

Looks really good. For Gods' sake make sure you have a fluorescent coat in the boot and a warning triangle. :broon:

Totally agree..
I have the full European breakdown kit and after Saturday I am so glad I did .. :yesnod:

Fab job :broon:

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38720

Looks amazing! :yesnod:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Luckymarine

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38722

Some of the red came off when I peeled the masking tape off the top of it so it will need to be done again and touched up.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38723

Yeah man. :woohoo:

Hey I had some questions regarding durability from 'the roadster brethren' over at the MX-5 forums (a great bunch) regarding durability concerns. Can't get back onto the MR2 Forums for some reason? So, I don't know their thoughts yet (but there's been a few views from there too). They're looking on with interest also no doubt. Also, I'd like to give a shout out to the UKSAAB Forums, another great bunch of enthusiasts.

Do you think it will last long? Any other thoughts or concerns?

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38726

I need to put more on really, the thicker it goes down the better the look. The bonnet looks streaky in my eyes because I was starting to run out.

Its all in the preparation, you need a sharp knife to get a good finish on the edges and a warm can of spray will always produce a finer, better spray!

Obviously its all about the long term effects so will have to report back on how well it holds up to the rigours of being used every day.

The beauty of the product is that I could over spray with more black at any time and it wouldn't look like a patchwork of mess.

Can be pressure washed...

Last edit: Post by Luckymarine.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38727

Can be pressure washed.

That says it's pretty tough then. :broon:

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38733

Doesn't get too close with the jet though! :dry:
David
:shrug:

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 2 months ago #38734

So, what are you going to call your car now?

The Blackbird?
Stealth Bomber?

I had a question on last Sundays shoutbox quiz -

18. What are the genetically engineered robots called in the film 'Blade Runner'?

Answer - Replicants or 'skin jobs'.

'Skin Job' - 'Blade Runner' :broon: :broon: :broon: :lol: :lol: :lol: .. You had to be there I suppose. :)

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT