Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 3 months ago #38193

The less coats used the more of an epic it is to peel off apparently.

Might try that over the black matte once I fancy another change, the beauty of the product is you can put whatever colour over whatever below and just peel the whole lot off when you want to start again. You can even get a glossy look by using the "glosifier" over the matte colour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 3 months ago #38206

• Visitor
  • Visitor

The less coats used the more of an epic it is to peel off apparently.

Might try that over the black matte once I fancy another change, the beauty of the product is you can put whatever colour over whatever below and just peel the whole lot off when you want to start again. You can even get a glossy look by using the "glosifier" over the matte colour.

I watched one of the peel off's on youtube and I see what you mean !
However at that price if I did not get the result I wanted I could just add a couple of coats and peel it off ;)

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 3 months ago #38212

They look fantastic Luckymarine!

The over all effect, along with the petrol cap is stunning :broon:

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 3 months ago #38221

looks good Darren. :broon:
Personally I would have the rim silver but I know you're going for the 'Stealth' look.

BTW, Don't forget that socket under the back wheel! :P

Well spotted David :woohoo:

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 3 months ago #38233

Again with the petrol cap, i could have masked the middle off and just sprayed everything, it would have been a damn site easier! But its all in the detail. Its something I could take off and do inside.
Its tiny things like keeping the ally plugs silver that will make the overall effect better than just a c**p spray job.

But we'll see, apparently Sunday is going to be a dry day so looks like the rest of the car is going to be done then.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 3 months ago #38479

As I do more of the car I'll just add to this thread, that way Im not cluttering up the forum with a million threads.

Was a bit cold to do large body panels today so thought I'd do the inside of the doors and the sills. Needed a bit of prep work removing door cards, door lock catch, sill strips etc. then removing of the door rubbers and finally the masking off of the bits I didn't want painted.

The result... well I dont know if I like the red inside, Im sure it will look better once the black has been laid down around it. If it still looks a little odd then I can always go over it in black at a later stage..

Opinions welcome as always.

Last edit: Post by Luckymarine.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 3 months ago #38525

Fantastic job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luckymarine

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 3 months ago #38540

I wondered why you had cans of red?

Not sure on the red, tbh I think it'll just look like you had a cheap respray done.

Does look to give a good finish , though.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Luckymarine

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 3 months ago #38541

You see now I think it looks like a good safety feature in that position and it's quite 'attention drawing'. I would be happy to tell people that it's plastic spray and then discuss how you did it. You could tell them to pop on here to see your 'how to guide'. It's well worth a look.

Now, how can we get it onto youtube is the next question? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luckymarine

Re: My first/the forum's first attempt at Plasti Dip? 12 years 3 months ago #38542

Its scary putting it on actual paintwork that the world can see......

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT