Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 4 weeks ago #47430

Seloc? is that the Lotus forum thingy? its the only one that pops up.
Bloody hell I know what some Lotus drivers are like, they spend huge amounts they dont have on a car just to wrap it up in a blanket and call every other car on the road a shed. Cant see them spraying an Elise, let them go for the £1200 vinyl wrap. What do I know, I only paid £130.

Looking at my picture info off photoshop the pictures are being used everywhere, from saab forums to Alfa Romeo ones, from the UK to Germany, France, Hungary its madness and I ended up paying for membership so that my photo's wouldnt exceed the views!

I got mine from Plasti dip UK but its been out in the USA for ages so I cant imagine it being too hard to get hold of.
From what I could gather it is sold in most hardware shops over there.

you clearly dont know lotus owners ;)

pleanty of runs, excessive ammounts of track days, and our own forum racing series (lotus cup uk, lotus cup europe, and elise trophy, plus our own sprint series...)

its a very close, very active forum... lots of MGF owners on there who have MGFs as day to day cars (like myself)...

Seloc is a great place... made a huge impact on my life, and have made an insane amount of friends through the forum, both my wife and i take a very active part in :)

i think theres about 20,000 members, and normally a few hundred online at any time, with members all over the world... its an odd place, but awesome, never known another club/forum like it...

anyway... pleanty of people running £6-8k elise's on shoe string budgets, who are just passionate about mid engined light weight british sports cars with funny rattles :)

oh and the plasti-dip was discussed as ideal for race cars, or color coding vents/wheels/spoilers/splitters to try colors out and generally experiment...

seems like a great product for playing about with before deciding to make a perminant change...

how well has it held up on your wheels, any touch ups required? how hard is it to fix/touch up?

Oz.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Ozzy.

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 4 weeks ago #47434

20k members.. Awesome. :lol:

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 4 weeks ago #47440

• Visitor
  • Visitor
My Lotus DeCat is the mutts nuts, and I would love a Lotus as my next project, the fact that their parts can be used on our cars is a bonus, ok a few owners might look down there noses, but so what, that's life, suck it up as some would say, I personally adhere too

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 4 weeks ago #47447

I've never been in a lotus. Good fun are they?

It's great that the blackbird got a mention on their site though. :broon:

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 4 weeks ago #47465

And it is going to be in MG Enthusiast next month :woohoo: Order your copies now, its out on 18 MAY 2012 ~ so no excuses
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Leigh Ping

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 4 weeks ago #47491

we are all petrol heads at the end of the day :) we appreciate good projects, help if they have a k-series in them too :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 4 weeks ago #47496

• Visitor
  • Visitor
The magic word K series ..

I am thinking about putting the clear Plasti on to protect my front bumper, :dry:

Can you get it in shiny :-?

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 4 weeks ago #47500

From reading their website, there's a topcoat you can apply to change it from matt to gloss finish
Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 4 weeks ago #47501

i think there is also a smoked one you could put over rear lights, or side lights...

Re: MGTF - New car in a tin. Whole car 'Plastidipped'. 12 years 4 weeks ago #47503

• Visitor
  • Visitor

From reading their website, there's a topcoat you can apply to change it from matt to gloss finish

It seems a very cheap way to protect the front bumper without being a permanent addition :broon:

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT