Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 5 months ago #31939

Grand Job Paul, thank you for doing this :thumbsup: looks as thought there is a lot more "still alive" than anyone thought. :yesnod:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 5 months ago #31942

Dear all,
After few problems to register to this forum, I'm here!!!
so ... I'm Jean marc, happy owner of the VR nb 2 bought new in april 2005 for the amount of 28500 euros ( the car price was 31500 euros)
The car mileage is now 30020 kms .....
I really love my car, and it' s a rare pleasure to drive it by the sea in summer or now... I live in the South of France near Marseille, it helps ....
I've already identified 24 of the 30 vr , but i face difficulties to contact the owners, because when I find a car, generally it is for sale .
I keep in touch with 6 owners ( they keep the car)
I have many photos of all the vr identified.
I,ve created a vr logo,,i Will post it as soon as possible ( i get crazy to post with my iPad, because each word i type is automatically changed by a french word... Pfffff.... :) )

My major problem with the vr is to détermine what is the car used to make the official photos...
It is not the 1 , 2, 3, 4, 5... It make me crazy....
Perhaps it is the 1 and the stripes have been changed between the photos and the delivery of the car after the Paris motor show in 2004...

My son bought an MG , it is a ZR with the same engine as my VR (the famous 160 vvc)

I ve also the project to buy another british car ( You are the best for cars, definitivelly), a TVR tuscan or cerbera.. But it is very hard to get the homologation in France

Have a Nice day ! ( for me, due to the sun, i'm obliged to have a tour on the coast , top down...)

Jmarc

Note: Homologation is the French name for a Certificate of Conformity required when importing a used vehicle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44, Leigh Ping, Tsleight

Last edit: Post by PQD44. Reason: Clarification

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 5 months ago #31944

• PQD44's Avatar Topic Author
  • PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Jean marc a huge welcome to the club and many thanks for helping us with our info on the Vintage Racing SE.

It is funny you mention wanting to get another British sports car. I was curious and asked VR #15 original owner, Nicolas Deslande, the MG Service Manager for France at the time the VR was released, what had he been tempted by to sell the VR?

His answer.... a Lotus Elise MKI which he picked up in UK and still drives to this day :thumbsup:

Just so people can get a taste of the beautiful landscape you live in here is a link to one Jean marc's videos.

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 5 months ago #32006

dear all,
it's monday, there is fog (uncredible here ! )...
please find hereafter some photos of my VR and the ZR of my son...

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, PQD44, Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by PQD44. Reason: To display photos

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 5 months ago #32010

Great pictures! :yesnod: You need to be careful going that close to all that salty water! ;)
David
:shrug:

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 5 months ago #32023

Very nice cars!
You are a lucky man! :thumbsup:

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #32172

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
Another of the Vintage Racing owners has contacted me and provided quite a few details on the cars which I will update on page 1 of the thread.

Håkan Sigemark the proud owner of VINTAGE #7 has kindly provided a set of fantastic photo's of his car.

Håkan's garage

I reckon meetwithdamien would like a set of these mats

Håkan in Switzerland in 2008

And one of Håkan with dwkmgf
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, birks, bryan young, Leigh Ping, Tsleight

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #32214

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
The Twin Brother owners of Vintage Racing #8 have a fantastic MG car collection, many of which appear in this video, along with a glimpse of #8 around 1:18 in the background (you can also see it side on in the top left of the screen shot below)

And another video of the other things happening at the Event in 2008. No Vintage Racing but plenty of glorious MG's guess it's a bit like our family tree, that big wedding where you meet the relatives you have never seen :thumbsup:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Tsleight

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #32323

I am liking the carpets.................! Dear Santa.....!

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #32325

A few images at some events I was at

I think Dave may have taken this shot

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, PQD44

Last edit: Post by meetwithdamien.

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #32326

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
:yesnod: So you met Emge and Marina and their #14

Damien the first photo you posted above is such a beautiful sight, how many F/TF's were there and where was it?

Re: MG TF Vintage Racing SE 12 years 4 months ago #32476

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
Darren (dazzafoster) the owner of this early MGF, a real stunner in Amaranth with a colour matched k&H splitter on the front, was one of the first MGF/TF's I had seen with stripes. It was these actual pictures I used in Paintshop to try out different combinations of stripe width and style before eventually settling on the stripes you see on mine.
I just missed out meeting Darren and his car on the Crackpot run do hope that in the new year we can get our cars together and get some photos :yesnod:

I wish to thank Darren for giving his permission to share these photos here :thumbsup:
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT