Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: When was your MGF/TF produced? 12 years 6 months ago #31556

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

..... I see that there were not a whole lot of amaranth coloured car produced; I know my wife doesn't like the colour and it isn't easy to get touch-up paint to match either.

If you let me have your address Mark I can get a touch pen set and post it to you. I know pressurised cans are a different story to post but they are readily available here and I'm sure there must be a courier service for them if you need any.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: When was your MGF/TF produced? 12 years 6 months ago #31560

Have you completed Dieter's VIN survey, he was able to confirm a lot of info on my car.

http://www.mgfcar.de/vin/index.htm

Hi,
just wondered about increasing email traffic to the VIN email account :woohoo:
I'll send the answers asap. And no worries please cause all the data are kept confident. It's about the cars statistics. Not about the other data. Privacy promised.
Dieter K.
MGF Rep. MGCC DE
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, PQD44, Tsleight

Re: When was your MGF/TF produced? 12 years 6 months ago #31574

I didn't want to clutter up the QI post with my request for info/self interest.

Yes, I have completed Dieter's VIN survey. It was interesting to read that mine may be # 1608 of the production line. And I see that there were not a whole lot of amaranth coloured car produced; I know my wife doesn't like the colour and it isn't easy to get touch-up paint to match either.

I am working from the same information sheet that Paul has posted on the facts thread. Dieter has access to much more information than i have. The first F off the production line on 27 August 1995, was given VIN 000251, it was Flame Red and was presented to the British Motor Industury Heritage Trust at Gaydon on 29 August 1995.
I therefore estimate your car was the 1607th after that (251 + 1607 = 1858) and as the production levels were approximately 240 cars per week, yours was made around the middle of October 1995, so it is a very early car.

Your registration of N398 PUT is still showing on the DVLA website here and shows that it was first registered on 15 December 1995 in Leicester.

As a matter of interest i know someone who has one of the Pre-production Fs and that is painted in Amaranth and i think it is a lovely colour.
Hope this all helps, i am sure that Dieter will come up with a lot more :thumbsup: :yesnod:

When was your MGF/TF produced? VIN numbers 12 years 6 months ago #31582

I have checked the Reg No. P841 NPW at the DVLA and it is not being used. :nonod:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

When was your MGF/TF produced? VIN numbers 12 years 5 months ago #31604

Engine number: 18K4FJ31 421018

Reg: P528KEF

Thanks for all this - I'm going to check the paint colour as well.

Thanks for this. And your absolutely right, they are all unique :yesnod:

Laz, Could you have a look in your V5C to see what first registration date (In UK) is entered there as Dieter has come up with a different one from what is showing on the DVLA records of 9th March 1998?? :shrug:

When was your MGF/TF produced? VIN numbers 12 years 5 months ago #31605

Mine supposedly left the factory in Feb 99 but wasn't registered until end of August...

When was your MGF/TF produced? VIN numbers 12 years 5 months ago #31608

Mine supposedly left the factory in Feb 99 but wasn't registered until end of August...

Dieter has conflicting information about Laz's car!! :omg: two different registration numbers and two different registration dates?? have asked Laz to tell me whats in the V5C.

If you give me your Vin and reg number i will double check the records here. :thumbsup:

When was your MGF/TF produced? VIN numbers 12 years 5 months ago #31655

Bryan, my vin is: SARRDWBTCXD504581 and reg T432SEF. Thankyou! I'm always amazed by your knowledge of MGs... :thumbsup:

When was your MGF/TF produced? VIN numbers 12 years 5 months ago #31657

I know some cars used to sit on the secure, production car lot for months as I used to keep them secure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, PQD44, Tsleight

Re: When was your MGF/TF produced? VIN numbers 12 years 5 months ago #31689

with your well hard dog leigh ,i think they were more frightened of you than your dog but you did a great job protecting the site . was it true that the reason they stopped the dog patrols was due to being prosecuted if the scumbag was bitten :rant:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: When was your MGF/TF produced? VIN numbers 12 years 5 months ago #31718

Reg date on V5 is indeed the 9th of March 1998
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: When was your MGF/TF produced? VIN numbers 12 years 5 months ago #31741

David Aiketgate wrote:-

I've transferred all the Vin number chat into this thread from QI to simplify things. Please post your VIN enquiries here. :thumbsup:

David, thank you very much for shifting all of this to a new thread, i did agree with Paul that it was getting a bit jumbled up with the MG Facts thread. I dont know how many enquiries we will get, because of Dieter's survey, although, as you will see we have already discovered some conflicting information. :thumbsup:

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT