Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 9 years 5 months ago #152776

Yup..got that one thanks..the part number is unknown to Rimmers...I was checking if they knew what else is needed to fit this...Do you have a piccy of it installed perchance?..are you able to advise if it looks like a simple retrofit?..cheers../David
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Fatbaldingoldgit.

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 9 years 5 months ago #152783

OK getting to the bottom of this remote boot issue now...After talking with Mark and Kim at Hopton Garage MG..who provided the attached picture from the workshop manual.

The 2012 and 85th Anniversary TFs have this fitted as standard and the extra bits needed to retrofit to earlier TFs are:

1. New boot lid..as the metalwork is different around the boot lock to accommodate the solenoid. Basically the catch box which is spot welded to the boot lid is extended and drilled to mount the solenoid.
2. Solenoid..from a Metro GTA..supposed part No. FUG000070...although no-one including Rimmers recognises this part No.
3. Different catch mechanism incorporating a tag for the solenoid to locate onto
4. Additional loom and external relay...to feed the earth pulse from the SCU through a relay to the solenoid
5. Reconfiguration of the SCU to enable remote boot unlocking

Recommendation from Kim is don't bother..he has investigated doing this and ended up with an after market kit..It was too difficult to reconcile the requirement for a different boot lid.

I'm not sure that the existing boot catch box can't be modified to accommodate the solenoid..Likewise the catch..will consider further and feedback if I decide to progress....Would still prefer to implement an OEM solution rather than use something so obviously aftermarket..but... :yesnod:
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa
Attachments:

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 9 years 5 months ago #152787

Glad our phonecall proved informative for you with Hoptons.
The mechanism is identical except the tag is longer perhaps you could weld something on to extend it.
This is a picture of the bootlid from the car supplied by new from hoptons we discussed with the boot release.The box section is 187mm long apposed to 116mm.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fatbaldingoldgit

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 9 years 5 months ago #152790

Our call was very helpful thanks...just need to speak to Kim once more re the loom..he implied that the complete loom is different..probably true for a 2002 TF but maybe not for an LE500!

..and yes I think it shouldn't be a problem to extend the catch box..don't think there is any need to source an 85th anniversary boot lid! :broon:

Anyone out there own an 85th anniversary TF or a 2012 one?..and willing to answer a few damn fool questions? :-?
- Frank Zappa

Last edit: Post by Fatbaldingoldgit.

Question for LE500 and post 2005 TF owners 8 years 5 months ago #163112

I have managed to get some mechanisms with extended lever for solenoid.

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT