Sign In   Register

Topic

Which town were you born? 9 years 10 months ago #144844

Where is this place called Barnsley is it a village up north some where :woohoo:
Work to live don't live to work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Which town were you born? 9 years 10 months ago #144845

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Isn't Leeds the capital of the north and the home of all things better???

:lol: :bust: :bust: :bust: :bust: :bust: :bust: :bust:

There is only city in England worthy of the that title and it is on the other side of the backbone of England, the marvelous, magnificent, Manchester :woo2:

Which town were you born? 9 years 10 months ago #144849

Most of these places are in the Midlands aren't they? :-?
David
:shrug:

Which town were you born? 9 years 10 months ago #144852

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Wondered how long it would be before the bloke from the hills in the backyard up there turned up to comment. We're talking about cities, places with more people than sheep.

Midlands indeed :rant:

Which town were you born? 9 years 10 months ago #144857

Born in Birmingham moved to Worcester then the Fens of Cambridge and back to sunny Malvern, but if the Gods smile on me hopefully not for too long........

Which town were you born? 9 years 10 months ago #144872

Born in Derby,moved to Willington then to current location,Castle Donington.
Regards Neil

Which town were you born? 9 years 10 months ago #144888

• KentJohn
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • Rediscovering driving
Born in Mansfield, but have moved about quite a bit so in chronological order: Oxford, Matlock, Carshalton, Aylesbury, Great Horwood, Aylesbury, High Wycombe, Chacombe, and now Chatham! :yesnod:
Life is not a rehearsal - carpe diem!

Which town were you born? 9 years 10 months ago #144894

Born in Rome (Italy) and currently living there, moved abroad in Prague, Montreal, Toluca, Adana Turkey, Barcelona, Evian everywhere there was a water bottling plant
The following user(s) said Thank You: mogatrons

Which town were you born? 9 years 10 months ago #144907

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!

Where is this place called Barnsley is it a village up north some where :woohoo:

A village ....

Its the finest land on this earth in the south yorkshire area.

Its where the artic monkeys went to college
Dickie Bird comes from
Joseph Bramer - inventor of the bog & beer pump
Darren Gough

Its a land of amazing things...

And we all hate the tories... Thats all. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Which town were you born? 9 years 10 months ago #144908

Born in Vancouver British Columbia. Spent many years living in Richmond, just to the south, very close to the fishing village of Steveston, once the largest producer of canned salmon in the world!
For you Brits, My grandfather was born in North Shields, a few streets away from where the singer Sting later grew up. He emigrated to the USA over 100 years ago but joined the Canadian Army to fight in the Great War, marrying a girl from Horsham while convalescing from wounds suffered near Avion.

Which town were you born? 9 years 10 months ago #144917

My grandfather was born in North Shields, a few streets away from where the singer Sting later grew up. He emigrated to the USA over 100 years ago.

Like the song, was he an illegal alien Rich? :lol: Many here would say that he did the right thing. :yesnod:

I was impressed with some of the diverse locations reported in this thread. We do have some seasoned travellers here don't we. :yesnod:

Me, I was born in the valleys of south Wales. Moved 20 miles south of Birmingham, England when I was 13. A ginger kid with a welsh accent. I was in front of the headmaster getting caned 10 minutes into day one at school. I didn't like the circle of kids around me and my 9 year old sister calling us sheepshaggers saying we did things with sheep. :lol:

40 years later.. My temper's mellowed and I've the patience of a saint now. :) I spent some time living and travelling abroad in the forces. Some of the nicer places I've lived in and visited are Germany, 7 years on and off, America, Canada, Denmark and Ireland. I just wish that it had been during the digital age so I had better photos. :lol:

Which town were you born? 9 years 10 months ago #145274

Born in Lynchburg, Virginia but we moved when I was 4, so I grew up in St. Austell Cornwall. Moved back to the US after I finished comprehensive. Lived the majority of that time in the great state of Virginia, (Lynchburg and Richmond,) except for two years out in Alameda Ca where my ship was stationed while I was active in the Navy. Not that we were in port much mind. Since 2001 I have been living in Cradley Heath in the West Mids.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT