Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Waterless cleaners, revisited 10 years 10 months ago #123486

When my Dad was stationed in the Far East with the Seaforth Highlanders, they were issued an order to remove all polished cap badges, because the kites were in the habit of swooping down and swiping the glengarries from soldier's heads. They were attracted to the shiny badges. Maybe a similar phenomenon causes birds to crap on cars.

Here's another theory. The waterless cleaners are also oil based, with some kind of surfactant. Perhaps the dust accumulation is due to oil's emulsifying effect, or the surfactants propensity for attracting dirt and dust, which is the reason that a large percentage of soaps are made up of oils and surfactants, mixed.
Ain't it funny, how time slips away...?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Waterless cleaners, revisited 10 years 10 months ago #123491

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Why do birds crap on shiny cars? The answer is the same as why dogs lick their b@lls:
Because they can. :broon:

After a few waterless washes, the thing I found yesterday when water washing was how easily the crap came off the paintwork with hardly any any white drying marks, despite it being 'kin 'ot and very sunny.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Waterless cleaners, revisited 10 years 10 months ago #123496

You can't beat the old ways water and elbow grease
well i'm off to do some sun bathing
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Last edit: Post by helsbyman.

Waterless cleaners, revisited 10 years 10 months ago #123497

Actually, the waterless wash that I use seems to work fine, apart from the propensity for the car to attract dust a couple of days after it has been cleaned. I don't think I have ever seen a better shine finish. :drive:
Ain't it funny, how time slips away...?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT