Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

HOW TO REMOVE / REPLACE THE HEATER BLOWER MOTOR. 12 years 3 months ago #32304

HOW TO REMOVE / REPLACE THE HEATER BLOWER MOTOR.

Hi all, I had need to replace my broken blower motor today so I took a few pics and a video to help anyone else in the future.

First of all this is the little blighter in question:

1. Disconnect the earth clamp from the battery.
2. Move the drivers seat as far back as possible, if you're a big lad this is going to help!
3. Looking inside the drivers foot well to the left of the clutch pedal you can see the blower motor secured with three screws (go on, get your head right in the footwell!)

4. Disconect the 2 pin plug to the motor by pushing in at the side of it and wiggling until it comes out, the 2 I removed today were both very tight.
5. Undo the 3 screws that I have circled in red, you can't quite make out the top screw in this picture but believe me it's there!
6. This step requires a bit of strength. Push the clutch pedal down as far as possible with one hand and remove the blower and fan mechanism with the other, it's a very tight squeeze but it does fit past.
7. Have a brew, you deserve one! Once it'd removed you should be left with this:

To refit is, in classic Haynes style, the reverse of removal. I connected the 2 pin multi plug with the blower loose just to confirm it was working before fitting, see video!

Enjoy!

Neil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: psymon, bryan young, PQD44, Leigh Ping, Tsleight, Jimuth

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by psymon. Reason: Embeding Video

Re: HOW TO REMOVE / REPLACE THE HEATER BLOWER MOTOR. 12 years 3 months ago #32310

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Wow nice first post, Welcome to the forum.

P.s i've embedded your video for you. :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgf.mgtf

Re: HOW TO REMOVE / REPLACE THE HEATER BLOWER MOTOR. 12 years 3 months ago #32313

Ohhhh welcome :woohoo: .

Awesome, how to and first post. Nice one. :)

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: HOW TO REMOVE / REPLACE THE HEATER BLOWER MOTOR. 12 years 3 months ago #32315

Nice one! :thumbsup:

I've added your how to to the A-Z list! :yesnod:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, mgf.mgtf

Re: HOW TO REMOVE / REPLACE THE HEATER BLOWER MOTOR. 12 years 3 months ago #32317

Thanks for fixing that Psymon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: HOW TO REMOVE / REPLACE THE HEATER BLOWER MOTOR. 12 years 3 months ago #32321

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
:thumbsup: Thanks for taking the time to put that together.

Re: HOW TO REMOVE / REPLACE THE HEATER BLOWER MOTOR. 12 years 3 months ago #32337

Wow - excellent 'how to' as second post - awesome effort :thumbsup:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: HOW TO REMOVE / REPLACE THE HEATER BLOWER MOTOR. 12 years 3 months ago #32341

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
:nonod: Laz not 2nd the how to was his 1st - :woohoo: Look forward to seeing you at a meet soon mgf.mgtf

Re: HOW TO REMOVE / REPLACE THE HEATER BLOWER MOTOR. 12 years 3 months ago #32350

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm back out to the cars today so I might have another how to to post tonight!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44

Re: HOW TO REMOVE / REPLACE THE HEATER BLOWER MOTOR. 12 years 3 months ago #32360

• Visitor
  • Visitor
nice post. Not one I've come across often, the heater motor failing, but always good to know..for when that day arrives

HOW TO REMOVE / REPLACE THE HEATER BLOWER MOTOR. 2 years 4 months ago #197575

Excellent post and explaintion, my blower was making horrendous noises too. Getting the 3rd screw out left a nice coating of my blood on the metalwork as the blower had obviously been removed before and the Phillips head was badly worn. The culprit was a large holly leaf stuck in the vanes. Amazing how something so small can make a racket. Must try to slim before attempting again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

HOW TO REMOVE / REPLACE THE HEATER BLOWER MOTOR. 5 months 1 week ago #204430

I would suggest removing the clutch footrest it's only 3 screws and makes refitting the motor much easier. As for the top motor screw you should be able to fit your screwdriver through the clutch pedal spring to access it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notanumber

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT