Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Fitting MGF Coil Conversion Kit - Aus Version 12 years 5 months ago #30883

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok so its all on the car...and thanks to the photo how to in the thread it was a breeze.

couple of bolts were dificult to remove but drill solved that.

As i doo like the look of a sports car being fairly low i installed the mike satur lowering pins aswell.
Before

after

wheel alignment will be done this week now im happy with height.
Only done about 100 miles on it so not really had a chance to push it yet but it feels precise and there is a definate feeling in the steering that wanst there before.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Fitting MGF Coil Conversion Kit - Aus Version 12 years 5 months ago #30884

Looks good, and I like the subtle stripes too!:yesnod:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Re: Fitting MGF Coil Conversion Kit - Aus Version 12 years 5 months ago #30886

• Visitor
  • Visitor
its all subtle untill it starts up! TT MK7 hahaha

Re: Fitting MGF Coil Conversion Kit - Aus Version 12 years 1 month ago #43066

Is there a web link for buying/ordering the sphere replacements and springs?

I am not sure about the Suplex kit because it states you have to use only the dampers provided!

Re: Fitting MGF Coil Conversion Kit - Aus Version 12 years 1 month ago #43152

Which is precisely why i preferred the Aus Kit. Apart from the fact I could not get a Surplex Kit in spite of having one on order for six months with goodness knows how many supposed delivery dates passing. Luckily I found out about the Aus kit which I got within a couple of days of ordering....
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: Fitting MGF Coil Conversion Kit - Aus Version 12 years 1 month ago #43203

Which is precisely why i preferred the Aus Kit. Apart from the fact I could not get a Surplex Kit in spite of having one on order for six months with goodness knows how many supposed delivery dates passing. Luckily I found out about the Aus kit which I got within a couple of days of ordering....

Hi Auseff, thank you for replying to this, i was going to PM you for some details for Chris66, if you could post some details of where these kits can be bought that would be great.
Thank you in advance Bryan

Re: Fitting MGF Coil Conversion Kit - Aus Version 12 years 1 month ago #43209

The Surplex kit would have been ideal ‘IF’ they gave us the option of fitting the hydragas sphere replacements only – but having the kit as a ‘one size fits all’ package doesn’t appeal. Some like a hard, sportier ride and others like a softer ride.

I have just had a brand new set of Tech-Speed’s Bilstein dampers fitted. If the hydragas gave up, I would not be happy with fitting the Surplex package on a Trophy 160 and having to take my existing dampers off!

Re: Fitting MGF Coil Conversion Kit - Aus Version 12 years 1 month ago #43211

The Surplex kit would have been ideal ‘IF’ they gave us the option of fitting the hydragas sphere replacements only – but having the kit as a ‘one size fits all’ package doesn’t appeal. Some like a hard, sportier ride and others like a softer ride.

I have just had a brand new set of Tech-Speed’s Bilstein dampers fitted. If the hydragas gave up, I would not be happy with fitting the Surplex package on a Trophy 160 and having to take my existing dampers off!

Agree totally is there any reason why the dampers cant be swapped out for Gaz, Spax or Blisteins etc and if so why wasnt it marketed with these options as it would have made it a more atractive proposition than having to fork out another £200+ for adjustable dampers if your not happy with those supplied

Re: Fitting MGF Coil Conversion Kit - Aus Version 12 years 1 month ago #43308

The Kit is made by a company called SUPLEX UK, and as far as i can understand they have tried to make it as close as possible to a standard MGF hydragas suspension and their shock absorbers are part of the kit. Why dont you contact SUPLEX directly and ask them if you could buy the spring units without the dampers. I have also asked Auseff in Australia to give me (and you) the contact details for the King Spring kit.

You could also contact Roger Parker at the MGOC to ask about the Standart SUPLEX kit he has on his MGF !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris66

Re: Fitting MGF Coil Conversion Kit - Aus Version 12 years 1 month ago #43313

Stuart Ratcliff
MG Centre of Sydney
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris66

Re: Fitting MGF Coil Conversion Kit - Aus Version 12 years 1 month ago #43315

Stuart Ratcliff
MG Centre of Sydney
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Auseff, Thank you so much for this information ~ regards Bryan

Re: Fitting MGF Coil Conversion Kit - Aus Version 12 years 1 month ago #43342

Thank you very much, I shall do some more digging.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT