Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

2002 full spec mint TF..blown head gasket 9 years 7 months ago #151475

Think it's starlight silver but will check in morning. Head gasket blew on motorway, heat and steam, turned it off and coasted to hard shoulder where AA took it home..I unloaded it and drove it 1/2 mile to storage with no issues.
Cant forsee any problems with a headgasket job,Id have it done myself but its my sisters and she got a replacement car next day due to work so just wants it gone with a bit of money back in the bank!

Suprised theres been no interest..its mint with low mileage!
47y/o with 3 teenage daughters (yikes!!!) engineer,car/bike fanatic,alarm /eobd programmer/fixer, ex bike racer and builder of the trickest 1off motorbikes known to man!! (oh...and general good guy!)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by andyberg.

2002 full spec mint TF..blown head gasket 9 years 6 months ago #151493

If I can shift my Red one before you sell it I might be ... It's all a case of space! (and money)

2002 full spec mint TF..blown head gasket 9 years 6 months ago #151497

I just wanted to say that i don't think there is a lack of interest as such.I'd love to be able to help you out, and i'm only in Burnley. However with 1 project on the go already and £300.00 on top of the asking price for yours to fix the hgf, and the cost of getting it recovered here I just couldn't justify it. I wish i could because i hate the idea of it going on ebay just to be bought and stripped for parts :rant: How pushed for time are you to sell it?

2002 full spec mint TF..blown head gasket 9 years 6 months ago #151508

I just wanted to say that i don't think there is a lack of interest as such.I'd love to be able to help you out, and i'm only in Burnley. However with 1 project on the go already and £300.00 on top of the asking price for yours to fix the hgf, and the cost of getting it recovered here I just couldn't justify it. I wish i could because i hate the idea of it going on ebay just to be bought and stripped for parts :rant: How pushed for time are you to sell it?

Its been hanging around now for over a month so my sis just wants a bit of a return on it, As you say, its due a £300-350 repair bill on top but I dont think a '£800 all in price' for a mint MGTF with 42000 miles, full leather a hard top and a perfect softtop is too excessive.
Afterall, theres £200 all day sat in the hardtop on ebay! :(
47y/o with 3 teenage daughters (yikes!!!) engineer,car/bike fanatic,alarm /eobd programmer/fixer, ex bike racer and builder of the trickest 1off motorbikes known to man!! (oh...and general good guy!)

2002 full spec mint TF..blown head gasket 9 years 6 months ago #151656

OK folks..
£475 takes it away or £350 without hardtop... otherwise its on ebay from next Sunday! :(
Good tyres, leather, mint softtop, great stereo all fobs/keys/docs etc

call/text 07900 943437

Last edit: Post by andyberg.

2002 full spec mint TF..blown head gasket 9 years 6 months ago #151664

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis

OK folks..
£475 takes it away or £350 without hardtop...

That's a very decent offer I'd say.

Fingers crossed someone will rescue it.

as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

2002 full spec mint TF..blown head gasket 9 years 6 months ago #151689

*****************SOLD**************************

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2002 full spec mint TF..blown head gasket 9 years 6 months ago #151693

:broon: :broon:
David
:shrug:

2002 full spec mint TF..blown head gasket 9 years 6 months ago #151703

Excellent news. Somebody's got a great deal.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT