Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGF 1.8 R-Reg reluctantly breaking 12 years 3 months ago #40784

Is it just a case of unbolting?

Re: MGF 1.8 R-Reg reluctantly breaking 12 years 3 months ago #40785

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Could you do £20 posted? I've a few that I'm going to bid on and there's a buy it now for £20 on fleabay but id rather give the money to you instead.

MGF 1.8 R-Reg reluctantly breaking 12 years 3 months ago #40786

Not sure how much the postage will be, let me get them off tonight make sure they are in the right condition and I will bring them into work with me in the morning and price up the postage. Sounds doable if the postage is around £5 I think £15 is a fair price I should be able to find a box. Let me get back to you with an answer in the morning. Where abouts are you?
The following user(s) said Thank You: bensewell

MGF 1.8 R-Reg reluctantly breaking 12 years 3 months ago #40788

So jobs for tonight i will be attempting to remove both bumpers and all the lights taking some nice pictures and posting up here for you lovely people tonight.
I think it's the postage thing that makes breaking a bit painful very hard to guess a price on it, but I will try my best!!

Re: MGF 1.8 R-Reg reluctantly breaking 12 years 3 months ago #40789

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Is it just a case of unbolting?

Yes, just be carefull not to drop the rear lights as well !!
The front bumper came off mine in minutes, I must admit half of it was missing underneath !!

Re the postage, ebay do a calculator thing, but I am happy to pay whatever the post office charge you, just do it recorded delivery, makes it easier all round, and yes I will have all 4 spheres :broon:

MGF 1.8 R-Reg reluctantly breaking 12 years 3 months ago #40790

Thanks for that just looked up a couple of how to guides on the bumpers and they look pretty straight forward so I will have a go at them tonight.
Not sure how long you will need. To wait for the spheres if I manage to get them off I imagine it will be towards the end of the work.
Anyway hopefully tonight goes well to give an idea of the under taking I have the car in a rented council garage round the corner from me with no electric so lighting is via battery powered LEDs and a inspection lamp, it's also chuffing cold!!!

Re: MGF 1.8 R-Reg reluctantly breaking 12 years 3 months ago #40793

Hehe! Good luck with that!!! Hope it goes well and you end up with enough cash to help towards a better F... :broon:
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: MGF 1.8 R-Reg reluctantly breaking 12 years 3 months ago #40795

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Tony there are plenty of Gurus on here that will help you if you get stuck, and the how too's are very informative, just ask :broon:

Re: MGF 1.8 R-Reg reluctantly breaking 12 years 3 months ago #40796

A at least you don't have to follow the "fitment is the reverse of removal" instructions!!! :woohoo:
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

MGF 1.8 R-Reg reluctantly breaking 12 years 3 months ago #40797

Yes already found it very helpful on here hence wanting to offer all the first bits, was also thinking of doing a similar thread on the Lotus forum I'm a member on as many parts fit the Elise as well.
Should hopefully get me some way towards another need to sell the Mazda as well to get a nice one.

MGF 1.8 R-Reg reluctantly breaking 12 years 3 months ago #40800

Yes taking things off is always nicer than putting them back!

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT