Sign In   Register

Topic

Newbie in lincs 8 years 7 months ago #162606

I used a marine rust teatment that you paint on the rust once its given a clean up with a wire brush etc. It turns the rust black and stable ready for paintng. If you pop over to see the F's I'll show you what it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Newbie in lincs 8 years 7 months ago #162995

Well I have made some progress...not much though! Sanded, rust treated and painted the floor and petrol tank cover and removed the resistor pack for the heater, bought a new set from rezpak just need to source a soldering iron to sort it out. Slight issue putting the petrol tank cover back, put the bolts back on but I'm left with 2 nuts...can't remember if they are from the cover or something else...I need to learn to take photos. Plezier kindly offered to trim down my gear lever but a bit scared on how to remove it so saving it for another day. Progress is slow due to very tight funds but I will get there! Keep wondering if buying one that needed work was a good idea but then decided it basically gives me a blank canvas and, maybe, I might learn something along the way :) Anyway, pictures are always good so...

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by unomatt.

Newbie in lincs 8 years 6 months ago #163037

Well, I have been bought a centre console from a tf ready to put in my f! Because of this I needed the heater fan spacer so went to my local scrappy, got a few bits, fitted the new heater controls, makes a big difference! Need to carry on wih the important stuff again now!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Newbie in lincs 8 years 6 months ago #163044

It looks much better, well done.

The gear lever can be shortened in situ.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Newbie in lincs 8 years 6 months ago #163267

Well I managed to shorten the gear lever and plezier very kindly soldered my heater resistors for me so got that fitted too, so another two jobs can be ticked off. Unfortunately found a leak in my car port which is directly over a gap between the roof and body, so a little puddle greeted me! Put a plastic sheet under the roof, hopefully that will help so I can clean the dash and start putting the interior back in :woowoo:

Last edit: Post by unomatt.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT