Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Covers 10 years 9 months ago #124638

• Jimuth
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • "So, how much is that going to cost?"
Invalid or non-existent item ID.I tried out both of these...

Excellent, well worth the money... stows into a bag the size of a large carrier bag. Is nice and light and has protected my MGF brilliantly over the 6 months of being SORN'd:

Also tried out (before buying the stormforce)

MGF,MGTF CAR COVER,HOOD SOFT TOP **HALF COVER** by Buzz Topz
Completed

Which made the cabin sweat a bit, but is kept in the boot as a cover for nights away from home.
Ebay + Nectar = lots of MGF points

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Hello peeps 10 years 9 months ago #124645

Best advice I ever got was to forget about a hard top. My F is a daily driver, but if it were to sit for any length of time I have a cover with a magnetic strip edge which covers the top, side to side and windscreen to boot. It hooks over the side mirrors too. In the face of really heavy rain, it works like a charm. Cost about sixty quid, IIRC.

I just checked out the link above - it is the Buzz Tops half cover that we have. We also have a Stormforce cover if the car was going to sit for any length of time.

Ain't it funny, how time slips away...
Ain't it funny, how time slips away...?

Last edit: Post by Dave Baird.

Hello peeps 10 years 9 months ago #124651

Almost a couple of years ago I hooked up with Rayb who gave me a spare aerial. It was a chilly November night and he had just fitted a hard top and a new TT mark 7 exhaust. So, he took me for a 5 mile spin in his nice sounding TF. I found it quite spacious under the roof. Bright, due to the light coloured felt, warm and definitely quiet. Not bad at all. :broon:

Then I took him down the road in mine. Roof down, airscarf on. We both agreed that it was a great feeling driving at night with the roof down. Nobody stares as much and a full moon with the stars out looks superb. Particularly when you know it's freezing outside the car and warm around your shoulders. I'm not knocking hard tops. I'm just saying that the one time you get a nice day or evening, when you would randomly drop the top, you can't. :nonod:

Hello peeps 10 years 9 months ago #124671

Almost a couple of years ago I hooked up with Rayb who gave me a spare aerial. It was a chilly November night and he had just fitted a hard top and a new TT mark 7 exhaust. So, he took me for a 5 mile spin in his nice sounding TF. I found it quite spacious under the roof. Bright, due to the light coloured felt, warm and definitely quiet. Not bad at all. :broon:

Then I took him down the road in mine. Roof down, airscarf on. We both agreed that it was a great feeling driving at night with the roof down. Nobody stares as much and a full moon with the stars out looks superb. Particularly when you know it's freezing outside the car and warm around your shoulders. I'm not knocking hard tops. I'm just saying that the one time you get a nice day or evening, when you would randomly drop the top, you can't.

Air scarf?

Is that the one in the How To Leigh?

Robin
Robin ;)

Hello peeps 10 years 8 months ago #125927

Guys, thanks again for the advice....very welcome.
Still a bit undecided as of yet.....see how the Missus gets on with it ;)

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.766 seconds