Sign In   Register

Topic

Coolant Pipe, hose size diagram & leaks. 8 years 7 months ago #162035

Actually, James - having just looked again at the engine in better light, that isn't the hose I need!

On the Rimmers diagram you kindly posted, it is 'kind of' Part no. 9, but the hose that's split is the one that connects to the narrower of the two pipes - the pipe that in the Rimmers diagram doesn't have anything connected to it.

I've found a couple of places I can get that whole Part 9 assembly (from £75 new to around £122) but on my car that whole 'Part' - the metal pipe with smaller pipe running off it and the two hoses - is intact. What I need is the narrower hose that connects to the narrow side-pipe - if that makes sense!

Any help sourcing that would be appreciated. Then I can get out and enjoy whatever soft-top sunshine we've got left!!

Many thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Coolant Pipe, hose size diagram & leaks. 8 years 7 months ago #162047

Sorry mate, I'm out of my depth on this now, touch wood but I've never had to touch that area of my car.

Hopefully someone else can help.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Coolant Pipe, hose size diagram & leaks. 2 years 5 months ago #197756

Thank you. I think I have a bad diagram. Some of the original pieces are not available. it seems better to change to the PRT layout as most pieces are available except a 'Y' piece PEV000010.
However I cannot find a diagram for the PRT set up. One thing I don't follow is what does the thin pipe along the top of the inlet manifold do.

Coolant Pipe, hose size diagram & leaks. 2 years 4 months ago #197766

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Rimmer Bros are your friends for parts and diagrams.

The long thin hose is to allow a route for trapped air to escape back to the expansion tank.
David
:shrug:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Coolant Pipe, hose size diagram & leaks. 11 months 3 weeks ago #202016

Looking for part number 13 if anyone can help.

Coolant Pipe, hose size diagram & leaks. 11 months 3 weeks ago #202019

Very helpful. Thank you. Trying to get hose 13 from diagram but found it is no longer manufactured so at a dead-end. Car stands now.

Coolant Pipe, hose size diagram & leaks. 11 months 3 weeks ago #202022

There could be a workaround with this. It's obvious where the pipe work has failed, it's just a matter of interpreting what we have as a starting point & what's available. Not just from noted suppliers but from dusty boxes in dusty boxes in dark corners.
I've a busy day today (& most days), so I'll have a root this evening to see what I thought might be useful in the future from times past. You will no doubt end up with a portmanteau piece if not a Frankenstein concoction but it is to be hoped that the problem will be surmountable & you'll be off down the road with the rest of us.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT