Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Todays progress... 11 years 4 months ago #91542

...didn't go quite to plan.

I aimed to get the 'F back on the road today with a view to getting it MOT'ed for the Christmas meet next Saturday.

On the to-do list was to fit the new copper brake lines, fill and bleed the brakes, paint and refit the strengthening panel to the underside, and and finish off the rear bumper mounts.

I ordered this week a stainless bolt kit for the underside, a stainless battery clamp, and a nearside rear light (mine has a broken bulb holder clamp). I was also going to fit these parts but none of it turned up - bar the light which the post office sort of tried to deliver. The post person must have the limpest arms ever because i didn't hear them knock when they left the delivery card this morning.

Anyway, all the brake lines fitted bar the one I didn't make myself. I ran out of piping so I got the company that were doing the terminations to make it for me. I'll have to head back this week to get them to remake it.

Also, a special thanks to Mr Austin for fitting one of the few types of brake reservoir that my Eezibleed kit wont screw onto. Instead there is a stupid cap that comes off after 8th of a turn with such force that it chucks brake fluid everywhere.

So, I'll still make the meet but not in the MG. I will finish it next weekend though - even if it kills me (which it wont). Might put off MOTing to the new year now as I wont need to use it much between now and then.

On the plus side I decided to treat myself to a set of new clear indicators. I've been looking for second hand ones but they usually have broken clips and still fetch £25. I've just bought a new set for £35 delivered so very happy with that.

And I'm off for a night out now. Double bonus...
stevecrx
'98 'F, BRG Poverty Spec Edition
Build Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: groovylee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Todays progress... 11 years 4 months ago #94442

Did you sort it in the end?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Todays progress... 11 years 4 months ago #94481

Yes thanks.

Everything fell in to place other than the rear light which had a broken rear catch when it arrived. Seller has refunded me though so all good there.

Car is pretty much good to go. However, I'm now going to do a coolant flush and new stainless coolant pipes before Mot as I found a tiny leak when I was refitting the undercar-strengther. This and a thermostat relocation should keep it reliable.

Oh, and I couldn't help myself over purchasing a cheap (£70) complete set of Powerflex bushes off the bay, but I'll fit those after the Mot.
stevecrx
Build Thread

Todays progress... 11 years 4 months ago #94493

And so...it begins.
David
:shrug:

Todays progress... 11 years 4 months ago #94494

And so...it begins.

Just getting it how I like it. ;) There's more to come too...
stevecrx
Build Thread

Todays progress... 11 years 4 months ago #94504

darent list the parts I've got waiting to go on lol

looks like your making good progress though

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT