Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Adjusting Xsara type washer jets 11 years 8 months ago #63097

I posted this in Leigh's How to video thread earlier but felt I should have started a new thread so here it is.

Just fitted Xsara jets to both my F and my 25. The ones I bought did not have the rubber feet mentioned in Leigh's video and in both cases wash nearly as much bonnet as they do windscreen though the F is worse. Before I go and pack the jets out with something to lift the jet bodies is there any way to adjust the nozzles themselves?

Fortunately I have kept the MG Rover ones so can always go back

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by alanrt54.

Re: Adjusting Xsara washer jets 11 years 8 months ago #63099

Nope, unfortunately. They're fixed on mine too Alan.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: Adjusting Xsara washer jets 11 years 8 months ago #63101

Thanks Leigh

I tried lifting them up at the front as high as could but they are still hitting the windscreen wiper on the drivers side of the F. The 25 sprays the lower part of the screen and I will put up with them as I like the spread pattern but the Fs are simply not good enough as they stand.

I tried bypassing the non return valve to increase pressure but it made no difference.

Re: Adjusting Xsara type washer jets 11 years 8 months ago #63103

I've no idea if the newer flatscreen type wipers I have fitted make any difference Al. Are yours the oem type? Could be the newer ones are slightly lower in profile. But, like I said, I haven't checked that. I will do, as soon as I'm on my next day off, if you like?

Re: Adjusting Xsara type washer jets 11 years 8 months ago #63106

I suspect they are pattern type rather than oem. I'd be grateful if you could though.

Thanks
Alan

Re: Adjusting Xsara type washer jets 11 years 8 months ago #63108

Roger wilco Biggles. Probably Monday. I'll do some pics if that's the case. :)

Now, I also recall reading that some are selling a different type of citroen washer jet (not sure which one) and passing them off as xsaras. However, the other type have a lower profile too. Worth checking the pics first if you can folks.

Re: Adjusting Xsara type washer jets 11 years 8 months ago #63122

thats a nice mod I likey and by the way i have flat bosch blades I think they make a big difference.. wel the do against my old ones lol

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: alanrt54

Re: Adjusting Xsara type washer jets 11 years 8 months ago #63711

Well its amazing what you can do with Blu Tack. A wedge of it is now under the front of each jet and doing the trick temporarily until I can fashion some sort of black plastic or wood wedge.

Re: Adjusting Xsara type washer jets 11 years 8 months ago #63720

I knew there was something I'd forget to do today (take some pics of my wipers for Alan). But I forgot it was my grandsons 1st birthday. So, I have a good excuse. Anyway, good job on the blutack mod Alan, it's got to be right up there with the clingfilm and touring funnel mods. :lol: I'll do the pics at the weekend. Someone remind me please. :)

Clingfilm tip - Warm air mod uses & screen freeze prevention tips.

Funnel (makeshift - touring) - Prevent oil and water spillage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alanrt54

Re: Adjusting Xsara type washer jets 11 years 8 months ago #65129

Could be the newer ones are slightly lower in profile. But, like I said, I haven't checked that. I will do, as soon as I'm on my next day off, if you like?

I suspect they are pattern type rather than oem. I'd be grateful if you could though.

Thanks
Alan

Looking at the profiles of these xsara jets. You can see that the left one clips the left wiper slightly. However, it still rinses the screen quite thoroughly. The right side has good clearance. Hope this helps Alan.

Attachment DSC05590.JPG not found

Attachment DSC05592.JPG not found

Attachment DSC05584.JPG not found

Attachments:

Re: Adjusting Xsara type washer jets 11 years 8 months ago #65246

Thanks Leigh. I'm away from home at present and the F is 140 miles away. Will check out exactly where jets hit when I get home but I think they hit screen roughly where yours do. The blutack mod passed the mot on the Rover this week though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT