Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Replacing a Pektron SCU 10 months 2 weeks ago #202455

I am now able to read the EKA code with my newly purchased Pscan system.
If I need to replace the SCU, is it just a case of writing the code to the replacement unit, or is these something else that I need to do?

Bill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replacing a Pektron SCU 10 months 2 weeks ago #202456

I am now able to read the EKA code with my newly purchased Pscan system.
If I need to replace the SCU, is it just a case of writing the code to the replacement unit, or is these something else that I need to do?

Bill

For a used SCU:-

You will need to know the EKA for the replacement SCU, if it's a 001541 unit then you need a fob that works with the replacement SCU.
After you get the replacement SCU to disarm, then you can log into the engine ECU and match it to the replace SCU.

For a new SCU:-

I am working how to clone the config from an existing SCU to a brand new one but that needs some experimentation to see if I can do it.

Replacing a Pektron SCU 10 months 2 weeks ago #202460

So it appears that this is more involved than I hoped it would be.

The SCU in my LE500 has always seemed to be a little "flaky", but still works ok, so I can unlock the car etc. But I would like to get a spare SCU so that I can replace it if necessary.

When the car was very new, there were various faults and issues with the alarm, locking functions and the battery would never hold a charge.
The MG garage that sold the car from new couldn't fix the problems but did improve the situation by disabling some of the SCU locking functions (such as the speed locking option, which I plan to re-enable).
I recently replaced all the relays and that did fix things that had stopped working (horn etc). The battery draining issue I eventually traced back to the BBU Sounder that was constantly charging itself due to water ingress.

I believe the LE500 uses the same SCU as the late TF's.

I am planning to get a new unit and hoped that the EKA code was all that was required to get the device working and follow up with re-enabling the various options. Can you let me know what the complete process would be to replace this device with a new one.

Replacing a Pektron SCU 10 months 2 weeks ago #202474

If you want a spare SCU then you will need spare key fobs to go with it.
The fobs have a "rolling code" and so even if you cloned them from one SCU to another, eventually the code would roll out of the window of the one that's not in use and they would no longer work.
The T4 can reconfigure an SCU from one car to another, but, the fobs always stay linked to the SCU that they are linked to.
I can probably pretty much clone the T4 feature, but it will have the same limitations.

So, if you buy a second SCU make sure that is comes with its own key fobs.

Replacing a Pektron SCU 10 months 2 weeks ago #202475

Does this also apply if I use a new SCU that has not already been linked to any fobs?
If that is the case, then even a new/unused SCU would require new fobs.

Replacing a Pektron SCU 10 months 1 week ago #202533

Does this also apply if I use a new SCU that has not already been linked to any fobs?
If that is the case, then even a new/unused SCU would require new fobs.

My understanding is that if you buy a new SCU then you have to code in new fobs as well. This is something that I haven't yet tried with pscan. There are a couple of pscan customers who have brand new SCUs who are waiting for me to give it a go.

Replacing a Pektron SCU 8 months 3 weeks ago #203366

I just wanted to follow up on this to see if there is any news.
As mentioned before, I would like to replace the existing SCU with a new/unprogrammed one.
I also want to keep the existing fobs.
I have successfully read and checked the code from the existing unit in the car,

Apart from writing the security code to the new SCU and applying the various options, is there anything else that needs to be done to make the new SCU work in the car?
And can this all be completed by replacing the SCU, then writing the security code after fitting, or does it need to be pre-programmed with something else?

Replacing a Pektron SCU 8 months 3 weeks ago #203367

You say that you want to keep the existing fobs.
There is no diagnostic tool that can do that.
You will need to send everything off to Technozen to be done on the bench if you want to keep the existing fobs.,
The following user(s) said Thank You: DavePro

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT