Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

$22 error 1 year 5 months ago #200443

Hi there,

I have an MG ZT-T 180 and I have recently replaced the vis motors. I am trying to clear the error codes p1472 p1475 and p1477 but when I attempt to do so I get error code $22 and they won’t clear. Has anyone encountered this issue and do you have any advice on how to proceed? Many thanks!

Jacob
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

$22 error 1 year 5 months ago #200446

Check this thread - may give you the answer you need: https://www.justanswer.com/car/aeaes-2003-range-rover-freelander-codes-p1472-p1470-p1477-lack.html

Last edit: Post by julianfoulger.

$22 error 1 year 5 months ago #200447

Thanks for the link, but my issue is not the error codes themselves, it’s that I have changed the vis motors but Pscan wont clear any error codes.

$22 error 1 year 5 months ago #200448

I have never had any problems clearing the error codes (I have a MGF, not a 180). Sometimes you have to press 'delete' twice. What makes you think that the error codes are still valid despite the viz motors.

$22 error 1 year 5 months ago #200449

I have a TF too and never had a problem clearing codes, even if they come back. On the ZTT the pscan won’t clear any of those codes. It just throws up an error $22.

I have tried pressing delete several times.

Last edit: Post by jbecker84.

$22 error 1 year 4 months ago #200505

A $22 error is good value…….most stuffups with cars cost shitloads more than that! :bust:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

$22 error 1 year 4 months ago #200519

Error $22 is defined in the protocol standards as "prerequisite conditions are not met". It basically means that pscan is asking the ECU to reset its error codes but the ECU is refusing for some reason.
The exact logic of why the ECU is refusing is only known the MG Rover engineers who wrote the code inside the ECU.
My guess is that the ECU is still seeing an actual permanent fault with a sensor.
Another reason could be that the engine is running when you erase the errors.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT