Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Different Pektron Fobs 1 year 6 months ago #200289

Just a quick question on people's opinions on the different Pektron key fobs available.

Many of the experts says the red diamond Ferrari style ones fail very quickly and won't disarm the Pektron SCU.

The later ones which say X-Part on the back of the PCB are said to be the best ones and best replacement for originals but I don't think they disarm the immobilizer like the originals and the one above.

Has anybody got any experience with the ones Reomobilise sell that are using a Hyundai case.

I've got a few on my car and a red diamond style one that has worked fine for 8 months and I've two original ones that are flip key converted.

So what's everyone else views on other fobs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Different Pektron Fobs 1 year 6 months ago #200299

Mine are both original Pectron fobs and have been fine . I just replace the shell and rubber buttons so, I have no experience with the others.

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit

Different Pektron Fobs 1 year 5 months ago #200330

We have been offered a trade account by xpart and so we could supply Pektron fobs if people need them.
We have tested the very cheap red ones, and they do appear to work. The checksum in the bar code that they supply is wrong, but pscan will correct it.
I was told they they don't last that long though.
The big advantage of the original MG Rover ones is that they automatically disable the immobiliser when you turn on the ignition, so no need to press the button before starting the car.
Lastly a reminder that pscan can only code in brand new, unused Pektron fobs that have a 22 digit bar code.
Used ones will not work. The code rolls outside of the acceptable window once they have been used a few times which make the 22 digit bar code useless.
For more information please read https://pscan.uk/features/pektron.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by pscan.uk.
  • Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT