Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Stock levels and schedule for next production run. 1 year 11 months ago #198943

I ran out of stock of pscan units a couple of weeks ago, however some customers have been placing orders anyway (thank you) on the understanding that they would receive units soon.

Unfortunately we were let down by one of our suppliers who did what is known in the industry as a "decommit". Essentially this means that when building circuit boards you line up all the suppliers of all of the electronic components to be ready on a certain date, and then at the last minute one of them reneges on the deal. With current chip shortages this has become a generic problem in the industry.

This has happened before, and the problem is normally solved by going to more niche suppliers who are good at finding hard to find parts. Normally it means that a bit more has to be paid for the part.

More unfortunately this happened with the FTDI FT232RL chip, which specifically is a chip that suffers from counterfeit parts being out there, and no alternative from another legitimate supplier. Basically it is the one chip on the circuit board which really needs to be bought from an approved distributor.

On Monday (25th Apr) I secured a batch of FT232RL chips direct from FTDI and they are being flown from their Taiwan facility as I type this.

For those of you who have ordered in advance and were expecting to receive a unit around now, I'm sorry, it just isn't possible.

It will be a couple more weeks (I think) and I will post updates here so please subscribe to this thread if you want email updates.

If any customer has pre-ordered and finds this delay to be unacceptable then I will of course provide a full refund.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, alouroverPT, AndyD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Stock levels and schedule for next production run. 1 year 11 months ago #198979

The FTDI chips are now with our board manufacturer in Scotland. I believe that they now have everything that they need to do this production run and I am hopeful that it will be this coming week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alouroverPT, allman.pg

Stock levels and schedule for next production run. 1 year 11 months ago #199035

circuit boards are now with me. The first ten all passed on the test rig and so I should able to configure them up, package over the weekend and post to all customers that have already paid on Monday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alouroverPT, AndyD, allman.pg

Stock levels and schedule for next production run. 1 year 11 months ago #199036

@pscan.uk .... please check and reply my email thanks..

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT