Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

R75 ABS diagnostic 2 years 2 months ago #198221

Hi folks.

I am trying to diagnose an ABS fault on my 2004 Diesel Auto Rover 75

When attempting to retrieve error codes, it is presenting the attached when questioning the ABS ecu.

I am also unable to retrieve any wheel speeds as when moving the unit loses comms repeatedly.

Thanks in advance

Jake
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

R75 ABS diagnostic 2 years 2 months ago #198262

Hi folks.

I am trying to diagnose an ABS fault on my 2004 Diesel Auto Rover 75

When attempting to retrieve error codes, it is presenting the attached when questioning the ABS ecu.

I am also unable to retrieve any wheel speeds as when moving the unit loses comms repeatedly.

Thanks in advance

Jake

That error code isn't right. I need to look into that. Basically you have an error code that pscan doesn't understand and I need to fix it.

The loosing comms thing is the way that Rover designed it as a safety feature. They did not want technicians driving around looking at the screen whilst driving and so you will find that over a certain speed the ABS controller just throws you out of the session.
You need to keep your speed low (like under 10mph or something).
I think that the way that the feature was intended to be used was with the car jacked up and spinning each wheel by hand whilst looking at the screen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jakewilson

R75 ABS diagnostic 2 years 2 months ago #198280

Thank you for the reply, is there anything I can get over to you to help with the fault find?

Thanks,

Jake

R75 & MG ZT ABS diagnostic 2 years 2 months ago #198297

Just as an update to this, Ive also used the PScan today to investigate an indicated ABS fault on my 2005 ZT 180 and the same random error codes are appearing.

Again happy to provide any log files needed to help diagnose. Please let me know.

R75 & MG ZT ABS diagnostic 2 years 1 month ago #198338

I will look into this this week and figure out what's going on.

R75 & MG ZT ABS diagnostic 2 years 1 month ago #198354

I believe that I have found and fixed the mistake.
Please update to version 0434 and try again.
I don't have access to a Rover 75 right now to test, but the mistake was a very simple and obvious one so I am 98% sure it will work now.

R75 & MG ZT ABS diagnostic 2 years 1 month ago #198355

I am also going to predict that your error code will be "Wheel speed sensor front left open circuit"

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT